Winter Wonder Festival 2011 Q&A

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Winter Wonder Festival 2011 Q&A

Postby AdventureVault » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:51 am

EDIT: Check out the answers to our questions here http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=11602

One of the biggest toy shows in Japan, the winter version of Wonder Festival, will take place on February 6th. IAT is going to be lucky enough to cover this event with the generous assistance of Robert Baldwin (aka: Dorkey).

Not only is Robert going to bring us the latest news and photos of upcoming releases from our favorite Japanese companies, but he's also going to bring our comments and questions to them. This gives us fans who live outside of Japan a unique opportunity to ask questions about the future of our favorite lines or even just leave feedback for the products that we enjoy.

Some of the companies Robert will be speaking with are:

Kaiyodo (Revoltech, Sci-Fi Revoltech)
Good Smile Company (Max Factory, Figma, Nendoroid)
Fewture
Medicos
Yamato
Kotobukiya

As with any Q&A, not every question can be asked due to time constraints and the hectic nature of conventions, but we will do our best to represent the interests of the fans.

The last day for Q&A will be February 3rd, so get your questions/comments in before then.

Again, I'd like to thank Robert for the hard work he's putting into this, not only for the coverage but also going above and beyond to give foreign fans a voice. Thank you, Robert.
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Re: Winter Wonder Festival 2011 Q&A

Postby dayraven » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:11 am

this is mondo cool... i guess i have to start thinking of something profound to ask.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 am

DORKEY IS THE MAN!!!! :cool:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Tekwych » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:31 pm

With the new Asembleborg iOS app and North American sales ( thank you very much) what are the 2011 plans for Asembleborg in North America?
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Sir Real » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 am

For Medicom: Any update on the Ghostbusters kubrick series?
Sir Real

Postby dayraven » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:43 am

for medicos: Are there any plans for a Sunshine figure in the Super Action Sstatue Kinnikuman line? the SAS series has been a delight to discover, so please pass along that I'm enjoying what they're doing with that line.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Noir » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Medicos Entertainment: If it would be possible to release more than one JoJo Super Action Statue per month.

I find it rather difficult to keep my interest in the toyline at this pace they're going at.

Thank you.
Noir

Postby Dorkey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Got my invitation.

Sent in my application for early entry (8 a.m. as opposed to the regular press entry of 11 a.m., the public gets to enter at 10 a.m.), and I've been assured that I'll be accepted.

One stipulation, however. We have to give them better coverage than what many would consider a "regular" event. Lots of questions would help - I'll try to get to all of the manufacturers that there are questions being addressed to. Increased traffic to this site would also help - I'm certain that we will have the biggest English language coverage of Wonder Festival, so please spread the word.

Good coverage + lots of traffic will help secure IAT's early entry press passes for the summer event as well, so everybody's assistance as well cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Save a tree, eat a beaver!
Dorkey
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby dayraven » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:08 pm

for any vendor you stop at, there's always "What American toy lines do you follow?" and/or "If you could get any three licenses you don't currently have, what would those be?" standard questions, but cool to kind of get an idea what's hot over there and what the future could hold, toy wise.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby AdventureVault » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:02 am

Sci-Fi Revoltech:

This is one of my favorite toy lines and I really love all the work and detail put into this series. Thank you.

1. Any news on when Godzilla might be coming and which version?
2. Any plans to do Zilla, the Godzilla from the 1998 US Godzilla movie?
3. Any plans to do Mothra in larva form?
4. You mentioned Jet Jaguar was in the plans. Are there any plans to repaint him in his Medic, Fire Fighter, and Silver colors from Godzilla Island?
5. I loved the Skeleton from Jason and the Argonauts. Any plans on giving him new weapons/accessories and a base and rereleasing him as the skeleton from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad?
6. Any plans for future Ray Harryhausen characters?
7. I've been anticipating that Jurassic Park T-Rex ever since he debuted, is there any news on when he may be released?

For both Revoltech and Figma:

1. It's been nearly two decades since Sailor Moon debuted, becoming one of the most influential modern manga/anime series. But sadly the series has never had a good action figure representation. Do you have any plans for figures based on the Sailor Moon series for her 20th anniversary?

Figma:

1. I am a huge fan of The Big-O. Thank you so much for doing an R. Dorothy figure. Do you have any plans to do Roger or any of the other characters from this series?

Max Gokin:

1. The Big-O figure you're releasing looks terrific. Are there any plans to release Big Duo and Big Fau also?
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Next

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion