LEGO: Brickmasters Unite

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: LEGO: Brickmasters Unite

Postby Tekwych » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 am

The currant set (still available) is 299.00 and includes instructions for four models that use 8 pieces of electronics which have not been redesigned for almost 10 years. The new set has instructions for 17 models using 10 pieces of electronics each of which is an all new design and in som cases a new function ad well. The old set would combine three cotrolers and 9 motors in a signal complex robot while the new design allows for four controllers (12 motors and 16 sensors) to be controlled from a single program. Add to that the fact that most iOS and android devices can become the programmer / remote control for your designs at no additional cost and I can see the value. Let's face it Lego is not cheap no mater which sets you look at.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Well ok but compared to a 10 dollar hero factory, these are a bit out there, price wise. Not saying they're not a value but for joe average consumer, especially one with kids that these new sets are targeting, the price is prohibitive.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby DrRampageo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:35 pm

http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby Tekwych » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Picked up two sets in the Galaxy Squad line and I'm not sure if i'll pick up any more. Not as happy as I would like to be. Hopefully the Chima line will do a better job of living up to my expectations.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 am

I try not to collect Lego; it's pricey and addictive. As I found out when various reviews online pushed me over the edge and got me into the Monster Hunters line. Thankfully, the collectible-sized price tag on the Haunted House set got me to stop.

I bought a couple of the Alien Invasion sets for the coolness factor (Mothership and Tripod), and two Hobbit sets for props (bones, food, ring, et cetera, that might be useful in photocomics or customs). I've gotten a couple Star Wars pieces before, but only for the stickers contained therein, which I used on my custom Rebel Four figures a while back. Recently, though, I ordered the new Rancor Pit (I like rancors), and the new Jabba's Palace. And the only reason I splurged on the Jabba's Palace was as a reaction to this story: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/lego-star-wars-accused-of-racism-174047039.html. Because I despise loud hate-filled morons and anything that pisses them off is A-OK in my book.

I may have to pick up a Ninjago set or two, because I need a couple more black katanas to complete the modified B'Omarr monk that came with the Jabba set. (I wanted to make it look more like the six-legged B'Omarr in the film, as opposed to the four-legged prototype-based model included with the set.)
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 am

Ninjago is being retired. The last sets are out now and the line will end in July.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:49 am

Fortunately, I just found a cheap little bagged set online that contains 4 of the swords I need. Huzzah!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Lego A-Wing Fighter review is up over on Creature Cantina:

http://www.creaturecantina.com/epicStory.cfm?id=520

WARNING! Horrible pun in title.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:39 pm

OK I guess I spent WAY to much money at Lego.com last year. I just received a valentines card and gift from the company.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Tekwych wrote:OK I guess I spent WAY to much money at Lego.com last year. I just received a valentines card and gift from the company.

Awww, that's sweet! That's more than I ever got out of Kenner / Hasbro, considering how many years they've been bending me over and driving it home . . . .

};D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion