LEGO: Brickmasters Unite

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

LEGO: Brickmasters Unite

Postby Tekwych » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 am

So what Theme (Themes) do you collect. Do you stick with the classic City, Space, and Castle sets? Do you prefer Bionicle, Star Wars or Indian Jones. What do you think of the newer themes like Agents, Power Miners, or Atlantis? Do you have any Mindstorm NXT programs you are willing to share?

Let the Brickmasters Unite!
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Re: LEGO: Brickmasters Unite

Postby JediCreeper » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:58 am

wow... I've had to cut back on lego severely in the past few years... but I still sneak a few sets in here and there. Naturally, I like the star wars sets, though I've stopped getting them since most of the OT sets out now are big and expensive. I like the space police sets and the new toy story sets.
Listen to my weekly podcast!- www.blogtalkradio.com/averageintelligence
JediCreeper
Ensign
Ensign

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:38 am

A Lego thread? Vault's gonna go crazy in here. :vault: :love: Legos

My preference has always been City (Town!) first and probably Creator second. I do enjoy Space and Castle, but I always had more fun with the "realistic" stuff.

I was able to stay out of Lego's for awhile after they nixed Western (I loved Western), but they reeled me back in last year with the Coast Guard stuff. That's the first subset I made sure to get all of and even bought a ton of extra men. And I've got two WIP bases for them too that I should get around to showing pictures of. I might have more Orange bricks than any other color now. :lol:

I like Creator too. It evokes Model Team from when I was a kid (and I will get back to you Highway Rig #5580!)

I like the little Lego renaissance where they are making newer pieces and being more outgoing. Agents is one the better new themes to come out, but I haven't bought too many new ones in recent months.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Tekwych » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 am

I was very fortunate two years ago when my folks drove threw town (Dad tries to hit every MLB stadium a few years) and handed me 6 five bushel baskets of Lego. My old collection from when I was a kid and when I first started collecting on the east coast. Even better was I was so AR back then that in those tubs were all (most) of the instruction sets and the old catalogues (You do remember paper catalogues?) Lot's of 80's City sets, All the Pirates sets and most of the Space sets from that first decade. Then there are the Technic team action figures and a lot of Model Team stuff.

These days its mostly Mindstorm NXT ( I have 3 of the 1.0 sets and 1 of the 2.0) I picked up all the Speed Racer and much of the Indy stuff but it was Exo-Force that really brought me back to Lego. I need to pick up Brickbeard's Bounty and the Imperial Flagship before they go away.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby JediCreeper » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:55 pm

I got 3 indy sets... one from each of the original movies, just so I have most of the main characters/items (for example, I got the well of souls for both the marion I prefer, and the ark, and I got the shanghai chase for willy/short round and white tux indy who's never had a toy before)

I love the mindstorms, but I just don't have the money, room or time to actually do anything cool with a thing like that. which is sad to say, but I know me. (hell, I haven't even rearranged my former mcfarlane shelf so I can get more of my MOTUC on display. :|
Listen to my weekly podcast!- www.blogtalkradio.com/averageintelligence
JediCreeper
Ensign
Ensign

Postby AdventureVault » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Tekwych wrote:I was very fortunate two years ago when my folks drove threw town (Dad tries to hit every MLB stadium a few years) and handed me 6 five bushel baskets of Lego. My old collection from when I was a kid and when I first started collecting on the east coast. Even better was I was so AR back then that in those tubs were all (most) of the instruction sets and the old catalogues (You do remember paper catalogues?) Lot's of 80's City sets, All the Pirates sets and most of the Space sets from that first decade. Then there are the Technic team action figures and a lot of Model Team stuff.

These days its mostly Mindstorm NXT ( I have 3 of the 1.0 sets and 1 of the 2.0) I picked up all the Speed Racer and much of the Indy stuff but it was Exo-Force that really brought me back to Lego. I need to pick up Brickbeard's Bounty and the Imperial Flagship before they go away.

If you want Brickbeard's Bounty, you need to go looking for it now. The Pirates theme is over for now, so whatever is in the stores is what's left basically. I was lucky enough to find the Bounty at my Target after Christmas on clearance for $70, that was definitely worth it. Now I just have to find the the Soldier's Fort and Shipwreck Hideout somewhere.
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Postby dayraven » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:14 pm

my kids have recently gotten in to bionicle, which are fun... but i can't help but look at them through xevoz eyes... so they're kind of painful to see. but some of the techniques going on w/ those are awesome.

and they have a large box of random parts, from some of the city sets and several just huge loose parts lots we and other relatives acquired at a few flea markets... but for me, every time we're 3/4 of the way to building something huge and cool, we discover we're really short on one type of brick we need (usually, the long pieces of one width scale... we always run out of those and the smaller two dots blocks) ... so that lego bin will swell in the next few years w/ some strategic purchases.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby AdventureVault » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:20 pm

I used to be huge into Lego when I was a kid, then fell out of it for a while. But when they released the Market Village for Castle, it pulled me back in.

I mostly collect Castle and Pirate, but I'll get any set that I think looks cool or if it comes with some minifigures that I really like. I've been getting the Atlantis sets because I love the Shark, Manta, and Squid men. Same for Space Police, I love those aliens.

I can't wait for the Prince of Persia Legos. The camels and ostriches look awesome. I'll probably pick up some of the new Farm sets because I want some of those new pigs. The new Castle sets next year look great. And, I can't wait for the Minifigure Blind Boxes to come out.
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Postby SilntAngl5 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:22 pm

I loved Legos when I was little. My brother, sister and I had that table with the 4 colors and brick basket in the middle. We used to wage wars on each others creations and then rebuild. Red was my 1/4. I love the Medieval/Castle sets (I'm a huge nerd for that era of Lego-ness) and I like some of the Star Wars stuff, but I boycott them until they make a Shaak Ti Lego figure.... if they make that darn Ahsoka then they can make a Shaak Ti. [angry]

They'd make a killing, especially among completists, if they made and sold Jedi and Sith figures separately. Then you could act-out the, Jedi Council, Clone Wars or, if you're feeling carnal, Order 66. How awesome would that be if they made the Jedi Temple from Coruscant Lego set? They made a Death Star... they can do it too!
"EVERYONE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO FLY!"Image
SilntAngl5
Captain Mrs. Admirastrator
Captain Mrs. Admirastrator

Postby Tekwych » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:35 am

Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion