craziest thing you've done for toys

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

craziest thing you've done for toys

Postby twofisted » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:37 am

I liked Noiseys thread on "will you or wouldnt you" when it comes to buying toys. It got me thinking of the stuff i said yes to and some of the craziest things i've gotten and the lengths i've gone to add a peice to my collection. Whats yours?

I'm a rabid GI Joe collector and am pretty stoked to be able to say i have every figure from 82-present. One of the hardest figures to find for me was Hardtop. He was the crawler driver for the Defiant Shuttle complex. I found a lot of about 50 figures on Ebay and he was among them. He was the only figure i needed. I hadnt before and have never since seen a Hardtop figure on Ebay so i HAD to get it hehe. I ended up paying $125 for the lot. Luckily i was able to trade most of the figures and sell a few. I figure i ended up paying about $60 for just that Hardtop figure hehe. I still have yet to see another one on Ebay(tho i dont go on Ebay anymore)

I also once bought a lot of 20 Super Powers figures just for Samurai's sword and bio card! hehe
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: craziest thing you've done for toys

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Good idea for a thread! I'll have to think about it though...

I stopped at nearly every TRU we drove past from Missouri to Connecticut looking for a DCUC7 Flash. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Ebonhorn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:14 am

I stopped at every walmart on a seven hour trip looking for DCUC 5.....actually I stopped twice at everyone of them. on the way up and then on the way back. I also drove thirty minutes out my way on those trips to hit some of those wal-marts. that's the craziest thing.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby dayraven » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:00 am

in my capricious youth, i stole. a lot. i stole from stores, i stole from friends, i stole from complete strangers... and most of what i stole was art supplies and action figures. i always prided myself on getting all the weapons too. more than once, i almost got pinched... but never actually did. it's not something i'm proud of now, but as far as crazy goes... i think that was about my limit. i've never stabbed anyone to get a toy... for myself, at least. [smile] :eek: :eek:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby twofisted » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 pm

The one and only time i ever stole a toy was when i was about 12. I rode my bike all the way to TRU and went straight for the GI Joes. Looking at all the figures, i decided the one i wanted was Zandar. With packaging as it was back in the day (no clear trays or rubber bands or twistie ties) all you had to do was pop the bubble off and stick it in yer pocket...and thats just what i did. I was so nervous i almost wet myself haha

Rode home with my ill begotten Zandar...he was Zartans brother and had the same color changing ability. I put him on my window sill to let the sun change him blue. I went about playing with my other Joes and forgot about him for a while. Maybe an hour passed and i went to my window to grab my Zandar figure....and the softer plastic had partially melted on the hot window sill. He was all warped and completely ruined. Didnt even get to play with him once. LOL guess thats Karma hehe
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby SilntAngl5 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:37 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Good idea for a thread! I'll have to think about it though...

I stopped at nearly every TRU we drove past from Missouri to Connecticut looking for a DCUC7 Flash. :lol:

We found him in Connecticut, by the way. :| :razz:

I don't know that I've ever done anything TOO terrible for a toy... I've used my feminine wiles to get someone to search a stock room for me or to look up a toy based on it's SKU (which never would work for Noisy). A little shameless niceness and flirting never hurt anyone.... right? :sad:
"EVERYONE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO FLY!"Image
SilntAngl5
Captain Mrs. Admirastrator

Postby Tekwych » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:03 pm

We have a member of the team who is gay. We all laugh to ourselves when a female tries to flirt with him to get something. Mostly because one of us will have to point out to him that he is being flirted with. He just does not notice those body signs from a female and loves to point out that 'girly curves' don't work on him.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby manekochan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:25 am

Never done anything really crazy for a toy, but, at the lack of a decent toy, I did commission a statue of Toothless for $90...
He looks like he had a stroke. I'll upload a pic later. The internet is being a bitch.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby SilntAngl5 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Stroking toothless I MUST see! :lol:
"EVERYONE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO FLY!"Image
SilntAngl5

Postby manekochan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:42 am

Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Next

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion