John Carter of Mars!!!

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

John Carter of Mars!!!

Postby Toygiant » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Boy oh boy, was I blindsided today! I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of John Carter, but had no idea about these! :eek:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... cture=aux1

Excuse me while I go sell a kidney. [dead]
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Re: John Carter of Mars!!!

Postby twofisted » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Huge fan of John Carter and those are fantastic...but CRAZY expensive. Maybe a year ago i saw a 12 inch military figure catalog that had a 12 inch Deja Thoris. I went tho their website and couldnt find any other Mars characters. Cant remember the company that put her out. Wonder if its the same. CANT WAIT for the movie to come out. Dying to see how they pull off Willem Dafoe as Tars Tarkis
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Toygiant » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah, it's the same company: Triad Toys of Japan. They are making some great stuff! But just like Hot Toys, way out of my price range. :|
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby twofisted » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:44 am

I couldnt see anywhere what they mean by "mixed media" on the Tars Tarkas. The scales might me right if Carter is 12inch and Tars Tarkas is 1/6 scale. If i remember the green martians was like 9 feet tall. Just looking at him tho he looks to be a statue. That production run is insane. I'm definately on board with getting the John Carter. Did any of you get those wierd Edgar Rice Burroughs figures that came out in the mid 90's? It was like a mixture of Tarzan and John Carter?
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion