Crown jewel of your collection

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Crown jewel of your collection

Postby Tekwych » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:10 pm

The center of my collection is Microman / Micronauts, a line that has been out of production for a decade. This changes your collection straggles, your shopping habits, and even how you view individual pieces in your collection. I believe that your collection reflects where your are in life, as you age your collection will take a more unified and long term position.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Apparently I have found one....as pointed out to me this morning my Henkei Wildrider is apparently a jewel in my collection.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby Mose » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:It doesn't have to be rare per se, just something cherished.

I've been resetting my shelves (Almost done, it's taken forever) and I've noticed that it's got a lot more recent stuff then older items. I don't think I anoint anything if something better comes along.

In that case then for me its Masterpiece Grimlock and Binaltech Hound and Wheeljack.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Toygiant » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Mose wrote:.....for me its Masterpiece Grimlock...

Nice choice! It's funny, I thought they couldn't ever make any TF better than MP Prime, then MP Starscream hit and I was a little diappointed by his quality (the next 2 seekers were worse in that aspect). Then Megs came out, and don't get me wrong, he's an incredible toy, but his transformation is so complicated (I transformed him into a gun once) and he's a tad on the skinny side. So, I really wasn't expecting a whole lot from Grimmy. But in reality, he's probably the best transformer ever made on a scale that rates accuracy to original toy while combining the look from the cartoon and overall improved transformation & play value. Grims is worth every penny in my book! Now I'm really looking forward to Rodimus! :sectaur:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby manekochan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:It doesn't have to be rare per se, just something cherished.

I've been resetting my shelves (Almost done, it's taken forever) and I've noticed that it's got a lot more recent stuff then older items. I don't think I anoint anything if something better comes along.

The reason that I love the music box so much is partly because it is rare. I looked for it for 5 years and only ever found hints of its existence and then Vault found one and bought it for my birthday. It's way less awesome than I thought it would be but I didn't care because I never thought I would get one! There weren't even any pictures on the internet, just citations from a random Anime article (the same one that I had already read). My video is the only concrete proof of its existence. Had it been easier to get, it wouldn't be such a triumph to own it. And it plays Yakkusoku Wa Iranai... :) which makes me smile.
My other crowing thingie is probably my Escaflowne video game poster. The video game is ridiculously bad, but the cover... oh my God...
http://bp0.blogger.com/_008y3yHrMZ8/Rtf ... flowne.jpg

My favorite book, which I cried like a moron thumbing through in Hastings and wouldn't buy for a while because it would "lessen" it for me, is this Bill Watterson book: http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Hobbes-Ten ... 0836204387
I literally cried looking at his beautiful artwork in black and white and seeing the unerased pencil lines, the delicate fading of his brushstrokes (having not been messed with to make them completely black) and his little spots of white out. Truly, I am a goddamned groupie.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Toygiant » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:00 pm

manekochan wrote:My favorite book, which I cried like a moron thumbing through in Hastings and wouldn't buy for a while because it would "lessen" it for me, is this Bill Watterson book: http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Hobbes-Ten ... 0836204387
I literally cried looking at his beautiful artwork in black and white and seeing the unerased pencil lines, the delicate fading of his brushstrokes (having not been messed with to make them completely black) and his little spots of white out. Truly, I am a goddamned groupie.

Groupie huh? Then I'm not sure I should show you this, considering it's out of print. It combines 2 kinds of awesome; Calvin & Hobbes and Classic Star Wars: http://www.teefury.com/archive/954/Best_Buddies/
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby manekochan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Awww... That is really cute. ^_^
I do try to only buy sanctioned stuff, though, because the Bill Watterson commands it. (He refused to sell the rights to make any merchandise so all merchandise is illegal-- though that one would be considered a parody, I guess so would be legal in that right.)
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:27 pm

C&H is truly amazing!

TG, you should sculpt us some figures! :razz: :razz: :razz:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Toygiant » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:TG, you should sculpt us some figures! :razz: :razz: :razz:

That was the first thing I thought too when I saw that. But my sculpting plate is overflowing at the moment with a dream project! :cool:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby manekochan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:46 pm

XD OMIGOD!!! YOU SHOULD SCULPT THEM! And a Toothless. Because the one I had commissioned looks like he had a stroke. Damn it.
manekochan
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion