Crown jewel of your collection

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Crown jewel of your collection

Postby twofisted » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:34 am

Whats the jewel of your collection? The one peice that gives you the biggest bragging rights?

I collect many different toy lines. I mainly collect DC characters and GI Joe. I've been collecting since i was a kid and never stopped. I'd have to say my crown jewel of my entire toy collection is my Mego collection. As far as DC Megos go..i think i have a pretty good collection. I collect the 8inch figures as well as the 12inch and the Pocket Heroes.

What toys in your collection do you still have from your childhood? Those toys that survived the wear and tear and also saved from being thrown away? I still have my original Mego Superman that i had from when i was a little fart. I was also able to save a few of my Super Powers figures. I still have my original Superman, Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: Crown jewel of your collection

Postby Tekwych » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:07 am

My Rescue Mountain Base is Mint, now out of box, and in perfect working order. It, along with a few Microman vehicles are the, currant, center of my collection. I have one of the puppets from Team America but it really doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection. Just a one off purchase that I couldn't pass up.

My Holy Grail is near mint, with all accessories, Build Base. I have one in poor condition with several missing accessories but it's just not good enough for me.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 am

Hmm, I guess there's not exactly one single thing.

But I have most of the 4H's MotU bust/statue line from NECA, surrounded by the Stactions, and that makes for a pretty ridiculously awesome display. [smile]

If there was one thing I'd WANT as a "crown jewel" type thing (and money were no object), I'd probably try to get a nice MOC 1985 Flint or 1985 Snake Eyes, or a MIB original Prime, or Blaster, or something like that. :cool:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby twofisted » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:32 am

Picking yer best of yer fave is like picking yer favorite child or pet hehe. I'd have to maybe pick the crown jewel of each of my collections
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Mose » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Wow, I don't think I can choose. Way too many figures I like to choose one.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Toygiant » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:33 am

Well, I guess I'd have to say my 8 2nd series Sectaurs prototypes would have to be THE highlight of my entire toy collection. But probably my most beloved toy is my Shogun Warriors Godzilla that I got for Christmas in '78. To this day he stands in the corner of my studio table watching over me when I get creative. And although his fire lever is broken, I just found out that he's acually the first release (of 3 running changes), before they changed his skin tone and lightened up his face paint to not be "so scary". He's Godzilla for Pete's sake, isn't he supposed to be scary? :?
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby twofisted » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 am

Damd those take me back! As a kid i used to have Godzilla and Great Mazinger
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 am

Man, I don't know... I have stuff I've cherished for what seems like forever, I have "lesser grails" that I finally got later in life, and cool new things, but I don't know if there is one crown jewel.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby manekochan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Mine's not a toy, but it's about the only thing I have that is rare and also ridiculously awesome: the extremely rare Escaflowne Music Box! XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVN-EYscUvU
Crappiest video ever.
If I had to say a toy, it would be uh... I don't really have many toys ... so... this little guy, here:
Image About actual size, really.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:50 am

It doesn't have to be rare per se, just something cherished.

I've been resetting my shelves (Almost done, it's taken forever) and I've noticed that it's got a lot more recent stuff then older items. I don't think I anoint anything if something better comes along.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Next

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion