Collection Pics? Let's see 'em!

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Collection Pics? Let's see 'em!

Postby TSR » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:04 am

I got lazy and used the expendable spice racks for my JLU. Plus they're best to put on plastic since I need to use the poster putty on their feet to make them stand.

For the Ikea Deltof cabinets, I also recommend this guy's stands
http://shop.ebay.com/1lasercreations/m. ... m=&_ipg=25

Because of confined space, you may want to raise up some guys higher than others and his displays are great because they're clear and he offers them in a variety of sizes. They're very sturdy too, I've put some very heavy figures on them like Monev the Gale from Trigun http://www.oafe.net/yo/monev.php
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby twofisted » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 am

GAWD! getting ANY figures to stand up is a chore. My JLU figures are always slowly drooping and then finally falling over and my DCUC figures are always taking a flying leap offa my shelves too (damn weak ankles).

I buy the Billy bookcases from IKEA. They have lots of good accesories to trick out yer displays. I found a brand of spice rack thingy that fit perfectly (14 inches wide) into those shelves. I like the idea of the foam tho. You could take an exacto knife and carve out feet holes so you could stick their feet in the holes which might help them stay standing. I'm gunna start experimenting with that
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:59 am

Awesome (part of your) collection, TSR!!!

Kubricks and SFs look great!!!
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby ALKATRAZZZ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Oh man, i really wish we had a quick reply box... (smh:listen to the new guy)
ALKATRAZZZ

Postby arkillo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:45 am

arkillo

Postby TSR » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 am

sadly, I can't see your pics
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Xylob The Destroyer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 am

OK, time to get my nerd on!

My Cobra Army:
These forums do weird things to pics when you post 'em.... click the links below the images for bigger pics

7 no-stripe cannon fodder Blue Goons with 4 1-stripe Goons
Cannon Fodder!

2 Officers, a couple 3-stripers, two more 1-stripers, and four more no-stripers
more Goons

2 more Officers, two Squad Leaders, two more 1-stripers, and three more no-stripers
Finally, some leadership

Vipers! Looks like Cool Breeze was in a hurry and forgot his goggles...
Vipers!

More Vipers with 2 Viper Squadron Leaders
Golden Vipers

a couple 2-stripers, and four 1-stripers
CGs

a couple more 2-stripers and check out that old school 1-striper!
Old School!

2 Squad Leaders and a couple more 2-stripers
CG Squad Leaders

2 Officers and their b!tch
CG Officers

Tomax, Xamot, the Big Man himself, and B.A.T.S.!!!
The gang's all here

My Transformers collection:
It's a work in progress... I've got 7 standard paper case sized boxes full of various loose Transformers.
I've no idea how many I have. 100? More?
bigger pic
(and yes, those are Webkinz dachshunds)
I've been sorting, re-arranging, and moving these around for about 2 years trying to find room....
An IKEA finally opened in our area recently so I picked up 2 of the Detolf display cases thinking they'd be plenty big to hold all my Transformers...
Now I just have to sort through, and clean/dust hundreds of Transformers and figure out how to get them to all fit, but...
I started digging them out the other day and decided to begin with Beast Wars and Beast Machines figures.
Moved OpOp from the top of my desk to the display case.
I dug through 1 box and managed to only find Predacons and Vehicons...
On the upper shelf we've got Protoform X (a.k.a. Rampage), Strika, Inferno (BUUURRRRRNNNNN!!!!!), Obsidian, and Transmetal Tarantulas.
On the lower shelf we find QuickStrike, Transmetal Megs, Tankor and 2 drones, Thrust and 2 drones, and Beast Machines Megatron (hiding behind Thrust)

OpOp and Transmetal Dinobot

It's becoming pretty clear that these 2 display cases are not going to be anywhere near big enough for my collection....
2 more would be sweet, but I don't know where I'd put them and the better half would be less than "pleased"...

Only 4 more boxes to sort through! I'll do the Beasts first, then RiD as that's the only other collection I have that's "complete" (I only collected toys for characters that actually appeared on the shows).
After that it's a random assortment of various series which I purchased based on how cool I thought the toy was.

My Superman related figures:
I've had some problems with these lately as Kal El fell and knocked out both of the mullet Supes who in turn unleashed a domino effect on all the others (including my Green Lantern collection, see below).
Kals are back in place finally:
Kals Els
Friends etc:
Friends
What a bunch of jerks... Jersey Shore auditions?
Ultras
Foes:
Foes
It's gonna take a while to get these guys sorted out and arranged....

My Green and other Lantern Corps collection:
DEATH

Rage

Avarice

Fear

Will
Green
Who brought some beer and chips?

Hope

Compassion
Munnk kinda comes across as a dick, so he stole Ray's staff.

Love and Life
I'm considering turning my "extra" Carol into a blonde Jillian "Cowgirl" Pearlman.

12" Hal Jordan

An older pic of the whole set-up:
All
They're on top of 2 HON Legal sized filing cabinets filled with comics (and 4 stacked Drawer Boxes in the middle).
I'm still considering picking up a White Lantern Flash and I'll definitely get the Blue Lantern Kyle when it comes out.

Various random figs:
Bigger Pic
Once I get the Transformers sorted and moved downstairs to the display cases all of these will go on top of my desk where Masterpiece Prime and the dachshunds currently reside.

As you can see, I hold no allegiance to DCD or Mattel and mix and match as I see fit. Breakin' the rules!!

I also have several boxes of MOSC late-90s to early 2000s McFarlane Spawn figures, almost exclusively chase variants, but they're buried in the utility room and frankly I've got very little interest in them anymore - they're probably destined for eBay or Craig's list.
Xylob The Destroyer
Chief
Chief

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Great post! Thanks for sharing! I've been sort of lazy about fixing up my display, but hopefully I'll get to it sooner rather than later.

The Detolfs are nice, but they definitely look like they hold more than they can. I really wish they had another shelf on there, or at least they were adjustable. I also wish they sold for about $20 less too. I just play around with my detolf displays... I have two detolfs. theres one shelf of just primes and i've made it so the tallest ones are in the back and the shortest are in front, class picture style. I also need to get some lights for mine too.

Those plexiglass stands in the Lantern collection pics, where did you stumble upon those? I've been meaning to get some of those risers for the longest time. I guess I can't decide whether to get the white ones you can find at Bed & Bath or spring for the nice clear acrylic ones.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Xylob The Destroyer » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:34 pm

got the colored cubes at The Container Store - Amac boxes, they're cheap as hell. I freakin' love 'em. Very versatile for action figure nerdiness.
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?show ... &submit=GO
Xylob The Destroyer
Chief
Chief

Postby Xylob The Destroyer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 am

Blue/Green Hal just took a nose-dive and took out most of the Green Lanterns...
Xylob The Destroyer
Chief
Chief

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion