Toy Tales

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Toy Tales

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:46 pm

dayraven wrote:hey, not every toy story is a rosy ray of friggin sunshine.

You are right. They aren't, but how abouts we try and just stick to those. Let's keep the stories somewhat chipper for so when we visit the site it can pick us up or keep our spirits up.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Here's another section to explore - old toy stores!

I remember the Kay-Bee's and Circus Worlds that we had years ago, but I remember two in particular from when I was 5 or 6. One - you've all heard of - Sears! I still remember there being tons of footage given to He-Man and getting to go with my Grandmother and pick out new ones while she was doing her shopping. Our Sears moved since then, but I always want to go back into the old building and get a spatial feel for the place.

The other one was a local mom and pop shop in the mall, it's been a bead store for probably fifteen years by now, but when I was a kid it was a great toy store and the source of one of my great "choices" where I was 'forced' to choose between two great toys. The time I remember specifically was that it had come down to the Transformer Blitzwing or Super Powers Batman & Robin. I had a terrible time deciding because I wanted Batman & Robin, but I knew that Blitzwing had more play value even back then. Ultimately, I opted for B&R which made my Mom happy (no little parts to lose), but then there capes came off. :lol:

And just so I remember to do these later... Air Raid, Metroplex vs. the Swampmasher, Night Force Joes, the Sewer Shuttle Fiasco, and Black Spider-Man.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby twofisted » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:02 pm

funniest toy story i have is showing people my toy room. I'm lucky enough to have a great understanding wife that puts up with my toy obsession. I have a whole room in our house just to display my collection. I mainly collect GI Joes and DC comics characters. My room can sometimes look like a "hoarder house" hehe. i have crap from wall to ceiling and toys hanging from the walls.

I'm a 30 something guy probably like most of you who never grew outta toys and loves collecting them. I had a buddy from work come by to visit and he brought his two sons. One was 7 and one was 10. Soon as ANYBODY comes to the house my wife always has them come up and "check out the nerd lair" So my buddy and his kids run upstairs to check every thing out....me fully expecting them to freak out and their heads explode on the complete overload of toys. What happens?...one sees an old calculator i had sitting on a shelf and the both of them stand there glued to it playing with the buttons. Couldnt care less about my toy room haha.

Definately shows how these days most toys being produced are for adults. Its a generational thing i guess. From what i've witnessed...kids 12 and under are only into videogames haha...Awell....more action figures for me! LOL
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Previous

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion