The "Catch-(Mostly)-All" Toy Thread

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The "Catch-(Mostly)-All" Toy Thread

Postby Toygiant » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:22 am

Wow, I see some great parts re-use on there from the Battle Platform, the Terrordrome, a Hydrosled. Man, I'd love to see some detail photos of that!

Thanks for sharing Noisy! :cool:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:24 am

i've always wanted to acquire barbie vehicles/playsets for my figures, but can't get past the idea that i'd be buying a girl's toy. just haven't bene able to swallow that pill yet...

on the nature of weird girl toy fetishes, seriously, what the hell is up w/ the "reborn" dolls? there are some seriously disturbing women paying preposterous amounts of money for these things... there's a social sickness attached to these things that i can't understand.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 am

dayraven wrote: "reborn" dolls

just reading those two words is enough for me. I don't want to know.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby Toygiant » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:05 am

Yeah, the wife likes me to watch these documentaries on BBC with her and one of them about a year ago was about these British ladies who have Re-borns. They even interviewed one of the doll makers who was pulling down between 300 to 4000 RBP (Royal British Pounds, which is worth close to twice the US dollar) per doll. She makes them one at a time as an order comes in and they showed her warming up the doll parts in the oven for final shaping and posing. So, essentially she was stuffing a baking dish with the parts of a baby doll into the oven. Very disturbing. [wtf]

For those who don't know, these women pay ungodly amounts for these unbelievabley realistic looking baby dolls and then treat them like they are a real baby. Dress them, give them regular diaper changes, feed them, take them to the market or the park, etc. I kind of feel sorry for these ladies (in the documentary) 'cause they obviously have some strong maternal insticts going on with no outlet (I think all but one was single and close to 50 years old). Course, I have the exact same feeling of pitty about all the people I see in those BBC docs (the last few have been doozies involving sex addicts and men with Real Dolls. :eek: )

From an artist stand point, the Re-borns are well sculpted/crafted pieces of art and the artists deserve what they get if they have an audience who are willing to pay. And the normal Joe in me feels pitty for the buyers of these things, both in paying the rediculous prices that they do and the sad reality of these ladies just wanting to be a mommy but for one reason or another can't.

Here ya go! Hurry, it ends soon. http://cgi.ebay.com/REBORN-NEWBORN-BABY ... 1e5b95ee49
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 am

Ebonhorn wrote:
dayraven wrote: "reborn" dolls

just reading those two words is enough for me. I don't want to know.

oh, it's creepy. trust me, this fetishism makes your latex thing seem healthy and socially acceptable.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 am

TG, we are no longer board buddies....YOU'RE BANNED TO ME!!!!
Ebonhorn

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:41 am

So the first four venture bro megos are up for pre-order at places......and guess what they have yet another fail on their hands. So what do we not do....BUT BOTH VENTURE BROS IN THE WAVE! We have dean, but no hank.....WHAT THE HELL?

furthermore if you don't give hank and dean an extra hand so they can do the patented "GO TEAM VENTURE" pose, then why make them all.....
Ebonhorn

Postby Toygiant » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 am

Ebonhorn wrote:TG, we are no longer board buddies....YOU'RE BANNED TO ME!!!!

Wait......what?

Why? Because I succeeded in exposing you to the one alternative lifestyle you don't participate in? :razz:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby AdventureVault » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:14 am

Toygiant wrote:For those who don't know, these women pay ungodly amounts for these unbelievabley realistic looking baby dolls and then treat them like they are a real baby. Dress them, give them regular diaper changes, feed them, take them to the market or the park, etc. I kind of feel sorry for these ladies (in the documentary) 'cause they obviously have some strong maternal insticts going on with no outlet (I think all but one was single and close to 50 years old). Course, I have the exact same feeling of pitty about all the people I see in those BBC docs (the last few have been doozies involving sex addicts and men with Real Dolls. :eek: )

Wait, don't you guys do this with your MOTU figures, or is that just me? :shock:

On a more disappointing note:

I'm assuming they aren't doing both Venture Bros. in a wave so they can keep people buying. You're right though Ebon, they should at least come with the "Go Team Venture" hands. I'm not surprised they don't though. That entire doll line is fail to me.
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 am

Toygiant wrote:Why? Because I succeeded in exposing you to the one alternative lifestyle you don't participate in? :razz:

Zing. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion