Each Sold Separately - or How I stopped worrying and learned

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Each Sold Separately - or How I stopped worrying and learned

Postby PrfktTear » Mon May 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Several years ago I made my mantra "Only buy it if you truly love it" and I've been able to stay the course. Sure every now & again I end up with something I regret six months or a year down the line, but by focusing on what really interests me I've been able to get much more enjoyment out of what I collect.

That being said, occasionally I will just go nuts and spend money like I have money burning a hole in my pocket. I'm not sure if you folks remember the time I ended up putting about $100 worth of Nintendo and ReAction figures on lay-a-way, only to agonize over whether or not to keep the stuff and ended up paying the LAY off and returning all but a single Starfox.

Well, I've gone and done it again. A few weeks back I had that 20% off coupon TRU was offering and I went a little crazy. I got new movie Bebop and Rocksteady with their motorcycles, classic Beebop & Rocksteady (which I had actually completely forgot I tucked away and only found when I decided to search the top shelves for any hidden goods), and a Funko POP! Voltron. I ended up spending ~$60, but I guess the rationale was that I was saving about $15. I completely blew my toy budget, but I told myself that I was buying for future me and that I had to get them right then and there because of the coupon. I have yet to open any of it. I’m thinking I should return it and get my money back.

I have the single carded versions of Bebop and Rocksteady from the new movie already. They’re reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllly cool, but how badly do I really need/want the ones with the bikes?

Also, I still have vintage Bebop and Rocksteady… do I really need more vintage ones? I had stashed them away at Toys R Us, and they had been there for months. I only found them because I randomly started looking for other stuff I might have stashed.

Lastly is the Voltron POP, which is nice but as awesome/iconic as Voltron is, I wasn’t even really into it as a kid. I remember it, and probably watched the show but it wasn’t really a blip on the radar.

It's one thing to collect toys, but I know sometimes I let my addictive personality take over. I'm sure this is a drop in the bucket compared to some folks, but it's a lot for me.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion