SDCC 2015

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: SDCC 2015

Postby dayraven » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Rocky Horror Picture Show... if you haven't seen it, please do. It's delightfully zany, and appeals to a fan base more rabid, and sexually promiscuous, than almost any other I can think of.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Sadly, I'm one of the few who finds the Leo faker more compelling than camo khan... and I love black grizzlor so much, I made one... then a red grizzlor to keep him company.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:41 am

Enh, I tried watching Rocky Horror a couple of times. Couldn't get into it. And then I got that sodding screeching "Time Warp" song stuck in my head each time, and even trepanning couldn't dislodge it.

Not my goblet of mead.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:29 am

Beedo Sookcool wrote:What's an RHPS con, mate?

Cult classic-midnight movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show! ;-)

dayraven wrote:Rocky Horror Picture Show... if you haven't seen it, please do. It's delightfully zany, and appeals to a fan base more rabid, and sexually promiscuous, than almost any other I can think of.

I couldn't have put it any better myself! RHPS fans are a different breed entirely! There are a lot of great people in the community and I've met a lot of wonderful people and have made friends from coast to coast and even internationally from attending cons(the upcoming 40th Convention in NYC will be my fourth RHPS convention).

dayraven wrote:Sadly, I'm one of the few who finds the Leo faker more compelling than camo khan...

I'm at a loss, whats Leo Faker?

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Not my goblet of mead.

It really isn't everyone's goblet of mead. I still like to encourage people to see it at least once in their lifetime --- in a theater with a cast performing it up on stage in front of the film. I've had friends that say they've only attended shows just to see me but they were glad they did, even if only once.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:32 am

Nah, I tried it, I just don't get it. Like with spectator sports, I just can't get into it. Got lots of friends who are into it. My beloved is into it. Just not me.

I suppose it doesn't help that I don't like musicals much. Well, there was that one episode of Buffy, where they made fun of bursting into song for no reason and an inappropriate times, but other than that . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 am

leo was an italian knockoff manufacturer, and they changed the formula up a bit for their version of faker

the changes aren't huge, but i very much like the additional skeletor loincloth armor and the orange havoc staff... i also like the "bandana" paint across the eyes, and for the life of me, i don't know why. color me a weird cat. but for me, that would be my "argh, i can't believe they got him as a con exclusive" variant that would get me into the place beedo is now over camo khan.

of note, if we got him, i'd love to see the head use the new "vintage update" he-man head we got with oolar, rather than the standard motuc he-man head, just for a little variety, and also because i can't help but observe that faker's head looks low on his neck, and that new head sat a little higher on the ball.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:30 am

Beedo Sookcool wrote:I suppose it doesn't help that I don't like musicals much. Well, there was that one episode of Buffy, where they made fun of bursting into song for no reason and an inappropriate times, but other than that . . . .

It's funny you mention that... the episode of Buffy you speak of, "Once More With Feeling" is also performed by my RHPS troupe, The RKO Army. We do a lot more than just Rocky Horror, in addition to Buffy, we also do Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, REPO! The Genetic Opera, The Devil's Carnival, and even some non-musical productions, Firefly episodes "Out of Gas", "Jaynestown", and the feature film Serenity. Plus once a year we do Shock Treatment, the "sequel" of sorts to Rocky Horror.

I know I'm kinda biased, but I work with a pretty amazing cast of talented people, and even when I'm not performing myself, I can just sit in the audience and I'm always in awe of the talent up on stage. I don't get paid for it and it can sometimes be a lot of work, but I really do enjoy it!

With all of our shows we perform at quite a few conventions all around the area in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. We'll come in and set up shop for the weekend, so one of the fringe benefits is getting comped admission which is nice.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:36 am

dayraven wrote:leo was an italian knockoff manufacturer, and they changed the formula up a bit for their version of faker

Thats pretty cool! I don't know if I was aware of that or not. The pic looks familiar with his "Raccoon" eyes.
I'd definitely be down for that. I especially like Skeletor's loincloth in orange. It would be nice if they somehow released the vintage head in Faker colors and even Wonderbread colors. I suppose if I wanted them bad enough I could get a bootleg! ;-)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 am

dayraven wrote:but for me, that would be my "argh, i can't believe they got him as a con exclusive" variant that would get me into the place beedo is now over camo khan.

Funny thing is, though, I'm not that torn up about those particular exclusives. I was referring to -- is it Noisy or Vault? -- who has a huge jones on for Cammo Khan. I may try to get them online after the con, but if I can't, I'm not going to be too broken up over it.

No, I'm furious about the PRINCIPLE of the thing. Because I know there are a LOT of people who wanted those variants, and now, they'll likely not get official releases of them. And who knows? if there is a next time, they may do a variant that I've been wanting for ages, and won't get.

I want this nipped in the bud NOW.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby He-Mullet » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:37 pm

That's my beef with PC having SOLE CONTROL of these exclusives. (Especially Kobra Khan Camuflado, the only Latin American figure that can say that it's a true Latino MOTU Character.)
If they had gotten ONE figure, I could have let it slide, but THREE!? That's too much!
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com