SDCC 2015

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: SDCC 2015

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:10 pm

So, apparently, If you want to buy the Power-Con figures after the fact, you also have to buy a ticket anyway AND pay a mark-up ON TOP OF all that.

In the words of the great philosopher, "Homey don't play that."
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:06 pm

I'm surprised they're doing three exclusives period. Maybe they wanted to "go big or go home" but it seems like a lot for a con. Granny was what, eighty bucks at first? I wouldn't be surprised if they knock him up in price a bit for the exclusivity --- and then I'm assuming thirty bucks each for Beastman and Camo Khan. $~150 for three exclusives isn't unheard of --- but this isn't SDCC or NYCC, IMO. I hope they aren't counting on the exclusives to subsidize the convention.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:12 pm

I hope Power-Con fails, and fails miserably. Serve the bastards right.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Bitter much?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:59 am

About these specific figures? Not really. About the fact that a small clique of the fandom is holding that much sway on the direction of the line? Fudge, yeah.

The best point of a fandom is to feel a part of something greater. And these people seem to be doing their level damnedest to exclude as many people as possible. It's stupid, divisive, self-aggrandising behaviour that has no place in this hobby.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:So, apparently, If you want to buy the Power-Con figures after the fact, you also have to buy a ticket anyway AND pay a mark-up ON TOP OF all that.

In the words of the great philosopher, "Homey don't play that."

Homey don't play that indeed. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Powercon update:
To get these you need to pay $25 for a Not going pass to get a chance to order up to one of each for the lovely price of $45 + Undisclosed S&H cost for each of the Kobra Khan and/or Beastman.
Granamyr is $100 + undisclosed S&H cost.

Mangosteen that! I'll just have 3 gaps in my collection then...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:25 am

The thing is, with the "You still have to buy a ticket" deal, I can see Power-Con turning to Mattel and saying:

POWER-CON: Look how many tickets we sold! We are a force to be reckoned with! Can we do this again next year?

MATTEL: Sure. But there was a lot of annoying backlash. Maybe stick to one exclusive repaint next time?

POWER-CON: Okay. We choose . . . . STRIDOR!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:29 pm

I just wish they gave us a little more than two weeks notice that we need to pre-order all this starfruit for a convention thats not taking place until June 2016... nearly ten months away... They might as well have done a Kickstarter with the exclusives as reward incentives.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com