Club 200x

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Club 200x

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:58 am

Thanks! Save me some $$$.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:02 am

Evilseed is nifty, but not quite there. Paint slop on his chest-vines and face, plus his feet seem a bit thin and soft. He rocks on his feet when I try to stand him, and I worry they'll warp under his weight and he'll face-plant and take several others down with him.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

As for the Heads Pak: paint issues and warping all around. Not a lot of work to do, but I'm getting kind of tired of having to.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 pm

The Millennium/200x/MYP/whatever you wanna call it line will always hold a special place in my fart. I'm collecting MOTUC mostly cuz nostalgia, but having the 200x characters like Marzo & Dactus and having the alternate heads was always pretty cool. I subbed to Club 200x because I wanted the figures, the head pack played little-to-no factor in my decision (unlike Club Etheria for instance). Before I got the head pack I wasn't even sure if I'd bother open, just display it in package (cuz lets face it, how weird is six heads on card?!) but the I decided it's really kind of a waste so I decided to go ahead and open them.

Overall very happy. I think the clear winner is Clawful. Grizzlor and Snout Spout come close second. I think the biggest losers are Buzz-Off and Roboto, it just doesn't look great slapping a 200x head on a 100% vintage inspired body. If we at least had some sort of armor for Roboto that would help, but I think Buzz is a lost cause. To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about Sy-Klone. He's not bad, thats for sure, but I think suffers from the same problem as Buzz and Roboto. I've got 'em up on display just like on the back of the card and overall it's a pretty neat thing. Once we get closer to the end of the year I might put out a big 200x display!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:10 am

beedo, how are the heads warped? the extraneous bubos like buzz off's antennae? or the neck holes?

yeah, the roboto head in particular feels silly without a new roboto body to accompany it. the two looks are very disparate. same with psy klone. i think of the designs, grizz and clawful are the most fudgeable back and forth, vintage to 200x. snout spout... man, he kind of needs the new body to go along with the head, BUT that new head is so much more intense and on point (and intact vs crumblina over there) that you're almost compelled to the head swap whether you want to or not. i'm one of those in the crowd that look forward to that swap, because the facial expression on SS's existing head looks like his cookie fell into his milk after he overdunked. mangosteen that guy.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 am

Buzz-Off's antennae wouldn't really matter to me if one of them were off-kilter, because to me that would just give him an inquisitive air and add a bit of "personality."

Nah, Snout Spout's ears are a bit bent at the corners, and Sy-Klone's helmet rings/prong are warped. A brief spell in boiling water fixes them, but I just wish they'd stop jamming everything into the bubbles too damn tightly. Furthermore, the superglue used on Sy-Klone's head went a bit out of control and discoloured a couple of patches on the front of his helmet. Again, not too hard to fix, but it's mildly annoying that I have to.

Also, I could've sworn this guy was more of a redhead, and pictures from around the internets show that I'm not the only one, and it is indeed sometimes the case, judging by some stills rom the cartoon. So I layered some magenta-ish paint over the brown on his head to make him look a bit more thistle-like, and . . . .

". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:51 pm

I guess I was lucky with the heads, but then again I didn't examine them all that closely, I popped 'em out, looked 'em over and put 'em on their respective bodies. I will say, it was a pain in the butt pulling them out of the tray though.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:37 am

waiting on my boxes... i hate waiting...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Ditto! Have I ever mentioned how jealous I am of those who live on the West Coast and get them in just a couple days? I'll probably get my box early next week.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:42 am

PrfktTear wrote:Ditto! Have I ever mentioned how jealous I am of those who live on the West Coast and get them in just a couple days? I'll probably get my box early next week.

you have, but it's fine, i'm a midwesterner and i get it too. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:20 am

It's a wait of one month to six weeks, here in England. I win the "my life sucks" competition. };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com