Club 200x

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Club 200x

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:05 pm

Here here. I do not understand the appeal of toys made with the standards of decades gone by. Older properties, sure. That's why I love something like Star Wars Black. Characters from a 30 year old movie, but done in modern scale, detail, style, and articulation.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Yeah, the throwback toy eludes my sensibility. And while you could argue that, for example, i didn't grow up with media so that's why i see no value in new ones, i would counter with "but i absolutely he up with secret wars and i have no mangosteen clue why anyone would want those new captain action figs done in secret wars style, nor do understand the giant and vastly overpriced new motu figs. Making a starfruit toy taller just means you paid for more starfruit toy.

I want new, better articulation, better paint, better sculpting, and better packout. That's why I pay higher prices. .
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:37 am

I see the appeal of having more figures that would fit in with one's "Vintage" collections, if you're into the Vintage stuff, but it's not for me, either. I'm with you guys: this is the future space year 2015, and all the technology and advances in action figure manufacture should be applied to make for totally kick-arse products with buttloads of sculpting and paint apps and articulation and such.

I only bought the ReAction Alien because it was a nifty piece actually taken from the vintage moulds, and I'm a huge fan of the creature.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 am

i admit, calix looks good, but i suspect i'll get able to secondary market his butt. the rest don't really get me there.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:25 am

Payday in less than eight hours . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 am

. . . and I've signed up for three of these puppies.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:13 am

Wowzers! I think there will be a tremendous amount of possibilities for customizations with these figures. Especially Calix. I'd love to see just a standard tan/brown "rock dude".
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:01 am

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a couplathree more Callixes (Callices?) for repaints and such. Devonshire (the county where I was born and now live) has glorious reddish sandstone (much like areas of the Southern US) that would look pretty neat on a rock dude. Speaking of ROCK! a metallic repaint (Metallix?) might look nifty, too.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Well, on the 27th, after just 4 days, they apparently reached 27% of the goal for Club 200X to happen. No plans for a thermometer, and I haven't heard of any other updates or news, so this might be a nail-biter. Anyway, since that 27% was reached, I know of at least seven more subs being signed up for (three were mine), so it MUST have edged up a bit more. };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

am i reading this right beedo, you're up to six 200x clubs? you don't feel like cutting me a deal on a callix, do you? [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com