Club 200x

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Club 200x

Postby dayraven » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:32 am

you do indeed, as far as action figure wait time... except that i'm quarterly ship, so i wait 3 months. BOOYAH! [smile]

still waiting, as although i'm 99% sure i chose the fed ex ship option, they shipped via cornerstone logisitics, so my club eternia box took 3 days, my 200x box is nigh on a week. [smile] a mangosteen week. the pony express time from san francisco to st louis was a week. seriously.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:05 pm

FINALLY!! THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO SPRINGFIELD!!!

holy HELL did that turn into an ordeal. finally got my steez, and i'm very happy. i think it's quite something that evil seed was the low point for this shipment of figs for me, and i quite like him. chooblah is far heavier than i expected, and very cool (though i wish something could have been engineered to work those feet better, he can't really spread his legs well), the head pack is fun (most of the recipients are currently boxes up though) but callix... callis is single handedly the figure i've been most impressed with this year. a line highlight i would venture. he's awesome!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:19 am

Glad to hear you're blown away by the latest box, but no love for Saurod?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 pm

I can't say I was overly excited for Callix, but he's definitely the front runner of Club 200x thus far. Lets see how he stacks up against Phravus. Evil Seed is well done and I'll admit he was a huge selling point of the sub, but I think something's a little off. I think he needs a little more "pop" on his paint job to make him appealing to the eye.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:48 am

Magenta paint on his head-tendrils. Job done. };D
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:48 pm

eh... saurod isn't my favorite. there's nothing inherently wrong with him, but i'm more impressed by his bio than the actual figure. i don't dislike him, i did in fact offer him praise in another thread, but whenever i want to praise him, i run into something that makes me hesitate. like the odd fit of his armor, looks fine in a static pose, but then ab crunch or stretch him, and it bunches oddly. the bronze color of the armor needs some paint in the worst way, there's a lot of detail that is just wasted without some washes. the helmet feels too large, but only just. and i don't like the way that the "firing" fingers are splayed, maybe it's just warp on mine, but they look broken, not splayed. the gun was warped, and i've now warmed it three times and it's gone back to the set with a bent barrel... lame.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:40 am

I stuck Saurod's splayed hand in boiling water, and that seemed to do the trick.

I don't get the "firing fingers" bit. Unless my memory's really faulty, his gauntlets never fired the claws. I think that's down to people's brains muddling the concept painting of a laser-fingered lizard dude and Blade's vambrace-mounted dart-launcher.

But, I'll have a look at the film sometime and see if it's my own brain that's got muddled recall. It's been known to happen, especially since I got on this anti-arthritis medication.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Finally got Ceratus open today. Gotta say he's by far my favorite figure from the mini-sub thus far. Nothing against Evil Seed or Chooblah but this guy definitely kicks butt! He's gonna give Prahvus a run for his money!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Great to hear! Man, this is one heck of a sub-line. Doesn't appear to be a dud amongst 'em.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:05 am

Just got mine today. Very pleased with him.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com