Club 200x

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Club 200x

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:20 am

I've got a little 200x shelf going with Ceratus, Choobla, Zodak, Lord Dactys, and Chief Carnivus. I threw in Randor for good measure.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:35 am

Veenas and Dragstors arrived a couple of days ago. I'm in the process of adding ribbons to Veena to lighten her and improve balance and poseability. Still waiting on the wide ribbon for her wrap and loincloth to arrive. Photos when finished.

Anyone else slightly disappointed with her paint? Her eyes aren't so bad as some of the recent ones, but the piping on her top is just a bit too sloppy. I got three 200X subs (to ensure the line went through, and for custom fodder), and of the three Veenas, not one of them had "ideal" paintwork.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:58 pm

It'll be a few weeks for me yet but I'll update when they arrive. Sorry to hear her paint is uneven.

On the other hand, adding real ribbon is exactly what I was considering as well. I'm excited to see how you do it!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:18 am

"Test shot." I've wrapped the 1/4" ribbon tighter around her staff since I took this picture:

. . . and I'm quite happy with the result. So I've got a 1" wide reel in the same colour on the way, which I'll use for her wrap and loincloth. Pictures as available.

On another note, why's it so quiet in these forums these days?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 pm

I thought Veena turned our really nice. I've seen one or two fairly passive aggressive reviews about her and I'm not sure why. I haven't had any issues getting her to stand. The ribbon looks great! I might have to do the same myself. Overall the plastic "cloth" looks much better than I thought it would.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:40 am

Thanks, mate! Yeah, I don't get the negativity, either. She stands just fine, the wings are good and sturdy and don't droop. The only complaint I have is about the slightly sloppy gold piping, and hat can be fixed with some paint. That's it.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:53 am

the forum is dead cuz iat is a corpse. i guess that makes us maggots. [smile] i'd love to have something more interesting to say, or something more upbeat, but there isn't anything else. noisy is, completely understandably, occupied elsewhere, and he never secured anyone else to help him run this site, it lives and breathes on his free time and energy. so the forum here is myself, beedo, prfkt, and occasionally james lynch because, well, even when the site had traffic, we were pretty much it who took advantage of the boards. to be honest, i barely read the reviews any more at all, i come straight in here when i come to IAT. i kind of feel like, once you're over 100 noisy reviews, you have pretty much hit the depth of his barrel, so to speak. the jokes are predictable, the prejudices are obvious, and the tastes are narrow. so for me, there's no surprise anymore. i come in here largely because i still feel some loyalty to noisy for the good years of IAT, and obviously to you guys because you come here to talk figures, and you're agreeable to chat with. [smile] i know i'm a prick, and between my edges, and the average dicktitude of action figure "collectors" i find i often don't have much to say to the outside world. i keep running into two groups of "collectors" whom i personally just can't stand, the overly critical troll types, who i find myself asking "if i were this unhappy with a toy, i'd stop buying toys... what is the point of this guy's existence?" or the "i don't know my ass from a hole in the ground" school who don't know jack starfruit about action figures, yet want to act like they've got an opinion to add to the figure discussion. morons pretending to know the difference between cast plastic and paint, pretending to know about articulation, pretending to understand scale... like, i get it, not everyone is a tech geek like me, i get off on knowing the ins and outs of how things work a certain way, what materials do what for you, how long production and transportation take, that kind of starfruit, and some people don't... but god damned dude, don't try to break down the articulation of a figure if you don't know a mushroom peg from a disc, or a hinge from a swivel. just keep it at home sunny jim, you know what i'm saying?

so ok, on to more enjoyable topic... that ribbon looks great on her beedo, well done. i love that she has bare feet, don't ask me why. i swear, i'm no foot fetishist (one of the only fetishes i don't embrace [constipated] ) i almost wish she'd gotten paint on her toenails BUT in this case, i'm glad she didn't, because then i can paint her tootsies myself. really, i swear... not a foot fetishist. how's the RoM on her hips? i sense a mod coming for that hip armor. this might sound weird, but i love the unusual placement of her wings. i think it lends itself to more dynamic posing and probably better balance than the standard scapula attached configuration. overall though, she looks great.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Thank 'e, mate! The range of movement on her legs isn't fantastic as the figure comes out of the package. She can stand up, and with a flying stand, she can do some dangly-leg poses, but nothing really ACTION! I hope that replacing her loincloth with ribbon will alleviate that some. I'll let 'e know.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:58 pm

both subs just renewed, so in theory, sometime next week... we'll see though. last time, the hangup in fishers indiana was, no joke, two weeks. two weeks, it just sat there. it got from cali to indiana in 2 days.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Curse that Fishers, Indiana!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com