Club 200x

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Club 200x

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Club 200X Subscription

Callix (7/15/15)
Evil Seed (8/15/15)
Club-exclusive: Heads of Eternia Accessory Pack—includes alternate heads for Grizzlor, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Roboto, Snout Spout, and Clawful (8/15/15)
King Chooblah (9/15)
Ceratus (10/15)
Queen Grayskull (11/15)
Prahvus (12/15)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Re: Club 200x

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Okay --- so that Grizzlor head and Queen Grayskull Veena got my attention.

*IF* I sub, I'm going to do a quarterly to save $$$. Still, thats an extra $182, plus $11.38 tax and call it $30 for shipping (if done Quarterly), so lets call it $223.38 for what Club 200x is gonna cost me.

I feel so Matty poor --- with all the other great stuff I want (Funko Legacy Firefly and Rocketeer, POP! Rocky Horror Picture Show, ReAction JAWS) and Transformers (Devastator, Superion, Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus, Leader Megatron) not to mention the few odds & ends like random TMNT, NECA figures, World of Nintendo, and DC Collectibles Batman: TAS toys, I'm not sure I can swing all of this and get another sub!!! I'm still on the hook for Club Eternia, not to mention whatever the SDCC exclusive(s) are this year. Not to cry poor or anything, but if you add this up it's a LOT of money!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Gettin' two of these subs.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Excellent!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:40 am

Heck, I might even make it three or four. Some nifty customizing potential in there, like finding a use for my Millennial Whiplash head. "Rubble" Calix & "Cracking" Calix. Millennial Sorceress. Kulatak rando. Filmation Evilseed. That sort of thing. Metallic Calix repaint (Metallix).

Yeah. Some neat possibilities . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:30 am

You're nuts man, in a delightful way, but for me, between mythic legions and marvel legends, dcc and NECA, even if i had an interest in the 200x sub, considering 3 or 4 subs to have custom fodder wouldn't even blip on my radar. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:46 am

If Mythic Legions had come out next year, or whenever MOTU finally runs out of steam, I'd hop on that bandwagon like crazy.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:00 pm

I find myself thinking that too. I know the 4H have already been working on this for a couple years now, so I'm sure they're itching to get this out, but (sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record) I'm too MattyPoor™ to pledge in for more than a few figures.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:33 pm

see, i'm the other way around, had the kickstarter gone line at the same time as the 2015 sub had been active, i'd have passed on the sub. i'm a lifelong motu fan, but i'm ready for a more adult oriented expression of those aesthetics, very much like what mythic legions is offering. this is part of why i'm so vicious towards the vintage purists, as to me, that's exactly the opposite of how i want the overall look of toys to go. what NECA is doing, what the horsemen are doing in-house, what mezco is getting ready to do, that's what i want, cool articulation and detailed sculpt, i want stuff that looks like 2025 not 1985. i know that's not what everyone wants, but it's where i'm at as a collector, and for company's trying to target product at me, that'd be how you earn my cash.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Thats why a big part of me doesn't quite get the appeal of the ReAction figures. Sure, I know they evoke a certain nostalgia, but how much of that is just novelty? When the Alien ReAction line was announced I thought it was pretty cool --- but now they're doing pretty much every license under the sun. I'm not complaining by any means, and for someone waiting all their life for 5th Element action figures, they've in seventh heaven now.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com