Club 200x

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Club 200x

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Yay! We can party like it's 200x!!! I bought my sub at about 6:30pm last night, eastern time, of course.

So, DR --- if Evil Seed is the low point for you --- all the rest are looking up from there?!?!

I think this is going to be an amazing sub-line. And I have to say I think in some months I will be looking forward to the 200x figures moreso than the Club Eternia figures --- for instance July we get Peek-a-Blue and Calix and in August we get Mara and Evil Seed. Of course I am looking forward to both of the ladies, but for the money I think the 200x figures are more bang for the buck.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:42 pm

Yeah, I thi they are good looking by and large. Even evil seed is not bd, I just think he's the lowest man on the totem pole. I get the suspicion that veena and choobah will be pains to stand up, but callix, prahvus and ceratus look incredible. Choobah and veena look grey too, but I see technical pitfalls that this line just can't seem to avoid.

My absolute love of the he-man/Hsss pack helped too. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:52 pm

I really don't see a low man on the totem pole. I think I'm pretty much equally excited across the board for these. I mentioned on my comment in the 200x thread on the site that I'm much more confident about my decision to sub to Club 200x than I was with Club Etheria, where I only really wanted Madam Razz and Light Hope. Here I want them all. The exlcusive head pack wasn't even a determining factor for me either.

I do forsee issues with Choobah, I just hope he's going to support his own weight. As far as Veena, I think I'll give her a flight stand so I don't think I have to worry.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:30 am

Anyone got their Callices* yet?

* I think that's the correct plural. Index / Indices. Vortex / Vortices. Kleenex / Kleenices. Callix / Callices.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:00 am

Yes sir! I opened mine up a couple nights ago. Callix is really well done! I've seen a couple really nice customs already where people are adding a little more detail on the exposed smooth limbs. TBH I'm not really all that bothered by it --- rocks get smooth, it's not like his arms and legs need to look like Ben Grimm in order to be accurate. Using the Clawful/Whiplash shoulders was a nice touch, I didn't even notice when I was going over them last night. Also the feet came out really nice. I'd say Callix now the figure least likely to topple over!

The inclusion of the weapons really adds value to the figure. I love that the crossbow/axe is so versatile, depending on how you want to pose him. The shield seems rather small, but a great addition nonetheless.

I think the Club 200x sub figures will go down as some of the best figures in the line. I subbed almost exclusively for Evil Seed but all the figures in this sub are winners. All killer, no filler! Can't wait to get Evil Seed next month!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:48 am

Mine arrived this morning. No customs charges. Huzzah!

Yeah, pretty happy with this guy. As you say, the shield looks almost comically small, but I still wouldn't want to get smacked in the face with it.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:36 pm

If anything the shield helps add a little value. I like the axe/crossbow combo.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:24 pm

See, you pluralizing callix correctly. [smile]

Glad y'all are enjoying him, though I find your lack of photos... disturbing.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:46 am

Having had some time to look him over and work his joints and all, I worry that the rock overlay pieces are a bit soft and might degrade over time.

Also, I just realised: it's been TWELVE YEARS since Callix first appeared on TV. That's staggering!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:05 am

ask and ye shall receive!
There is something about Callix that kinda reminds me of a Stone version of Andre the Giant...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com