Multi-Bot

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Multi-Bot

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Considering how well Modulok went down (easy, DR), I imagine Multi-bot will be just as popular. I know I'm looking forward to making a MegaBeast and possibly a Filmation version, if I can get a spare one.

Anyone else got big plans for this guy?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Re: Multi-Bot

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Not particularly. I didn't have him as a kid, so no nostalgia ties there --- and unlike figures like Snakeface or Scareglow, it wasn't like I even really wanted him badly enough. I felt pretty much the same about Modulok at first, and he ended up becoming one of my favorite MOTUC figures released in 2014, so maybe Multi-Bot will be the same. I'll definitely transform him into Megabeast though!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:08 am

Wow, what a clusterfudge. Over an hour, and the sale still hasn't started. They're citing hardware problems and are said to be working on it, but JEEZ! They only have to make sure the site is definitely working two days a month, and they can't even do that right!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Just over an hour and a half it took them. But everything's now up and running, and there's still stock.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 am

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Wow, what a clusterfudge. Over an hour, and the sale still hasn't started. They're citing hardware problems and are said to be working on it, but JEEZ! They only have to make sure the site is definitely working two days a month, and they can't even do that right!

and they wonder why the line always struggled to grow an audience. from day one, digital river bent mattel over and put sand in the motion lotion.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:37 pm

I'm a bit underwhelmed by Multi-Bot... He has MORE PARTS than Modulok and his torso can detach, so we can do stuff we can't with Modulok, but he feels less fun. Sure you can do a few (im)mature configurations that you can't do with Modulok, but I don't know how to say this. The magic of MOTUC Modulok is simply NOT THERE with Multibot.

Now on a slightly different note, I kinda wish we could get upgrade packs for these two (Moddy and Multi) Some new armes, legs, lots of extra connectors. Making an awesome Megabeast is a bit of a chore when you run out of connector pieces...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:05 am

If Scott were still in charge, he would've said "Well, why not buy ten more?" };D

Mine still haven't arrived yet, and various other English BB members over on MattyCollector.com have reported getting theirs already, so maybe it won't be long now? One of the few consolations I had was that no matter what, the Westcountry would get their stuff faster than London. Now that doesn't seem to be the case, anymore.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 pm

No nostalgia for Multi-Bot here and he hasn't ever been on my radar. He's good enough, and fits in a "cool to have him" category, but I can't say I'm overwhelmed. I took mine out of the package and assembled him but I haven't touched him since. I haven't been in much of a "play with it" mode lately when it comes to figures, so I kinda blamed it on that.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:27 am

Yeah, I think I've got that attitude myself.

I was the same way with the original versions, too. Modulok: all about it. Played with the original like crazy, mucked about with the MOTUC versions when I got 'em. Multi-Bot: mucked about with the original when I was a kid; the MOTUC versions, I think I'll just assemble and customise a bit and leave them as is.

Might be a case of we got all mix-n-matched out with Modulok.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm sitting here at 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday at work. I brought in Multi-Bot to play around with and help pass the time. I'm still having trouble getting into him.

I think my biggest issue with Multi-Bot is the colors. It's not a very pleasing aesthetic. There's no one to blame here, the Classics version is faiththful to the vintage version, almost to a fault. It's a very "Eighties" mix of colors --- a mustard yellow, olive drab green, an almost metalic dark cerulean, a red-orange, and burgundy/maroon mixed with a lot of black & silver.

To put it succinctly... Multi-Bot is UGLY. Maybe once I get him displayed in with the rest of the Horde he'll look beter, after all, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, or some starfruit like that. In asddition it looks much more like, well, a toy. (I know, how dare a toy look like a toy, right?!) There just doesn't seem to be much detail here, just some metallic coloring on various circuits and conduits. I'm guessing this SKU ran out of $$$ for their budget.

The head scratcher is the five additional Y-connector joints --- I know they came with the original but they're ugly and I'm not even sure what I'd do with them. Seems like a waste of plastic to me. I'd rather have better paint/details on my figure than those.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com