Multi-Bot

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Multi-Bot

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 pm

A buddy of mine just posted to me today that he picked up Multi-Bot and he's experiencing the same "meh" I think we all did... he doesn't regret his purchase, but he's definitely feeling underwhelmed!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:50 pm

that's funny. i love independent confirmation. i'm always a little conscious of sharing my thoughts with other collectors, especially if they're negative on the toy, because i worry that i may pollute the waters for someone else who might enjoy the thing. i don't have an inverse fear, that i might infect someone with joy for a figure that someone else might hate, so in that case, i guess i'm a little myopic. but there's a line between having a fair and even discussion, and then persuading someone to change their opinion. i don't mind sharing ideas back and forth, but i do worry that i overplay my hand. it's not my right to mangosteen up a warm fuzzy for someone else.

either way... multi suffers from a few execution errors, mainly, i feel like it's too many connectors in the pack and too few limbs, and then, the difference in how the paint aps worked was night and day vs modulok. modulok is really very good, very organic looking, and he got subtle shading effects to help that effort. multi-bot could have been, with better paint, more mechanical looking and "artificial looking" and the figure would better accomplish what it set out to do.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:16 am

Yeah, I know this guy through an acquaintance and turns out he's a collector. He got into MOTUC waaaay too late and he's been playing catch-up since. It's awesome when he picks up an oldie but goodie, like Tri-Klops... of course he laments the aftermarket prices on many, like Teela for instance.

I can appreciate you being conscious of affecting others with your opinions. I think most are quick to bash something without taking anyone else's thoughts into consideration.

dayraven wrote:Multi-bot could have been, with better paint, more mechanical looking and "artificial looking" and the figure would better accomplish what it set out to do.

Absolutely, hit the nail on the head here!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com