Sssqueeze

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Sssqueeze

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Is Multi-Bot really that much bigger/heavier than Modulok? I don't recall anyone complaining about his shipping.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:06 pm

I dunno, guys. I will contact them at some point this week. Just haven't gotten around to it, yet. Further bulletins as events warrant.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:22 pm

no, he's not prfkt, but mattel charges shipping as if he were genuinely massive. the box is thinner, but maybe 30% longer and 3% wider, than a standard box... so mattel charges 50% more to ship it. makes sense right? :roll:

on the subject of sssqueeze... holy crap do i like him! goofy facial expression aside, the arms work gloriously, the colors pop, and the engineering of the joints in the shoulders show how the very best of the line can be done. he's one of those figures who will used in future conversations against the figures that show the lack of imagination or technical know-how that the line demonstrates when it's executed well. my personal favorite part? he comes with the cold steel dragon head walking stick. that's kind of hilarious.

Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:35 pm

It was called a " "pet snake" " in the Vintage line. (Yes, they actually put quotation marks around it on the cardback.) Some people say it's a blaster. I don't know WHAT the Hells it's supposed to be. The old version wrapped around his arm. This version looks like an Aztec-y club, or something.

Still, I look forward to getting this month's guys.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 pm

um... in an "adult collector" line, a "pet snake" seems inordinately "suggestive" don't you think? :eek:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:12 pm

I was really concerned how Sssqueeze's arms were going to turn out --- I recently watched Pixel Dan's review and they look pretty sturdy.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 am

they feel great too, very thick, bendy but far from "soft" and the shoulder ratchets are just perfect. i imagine, with time, the sheer weight of the arms will wreck those ratchets, but with luck, that should take time. still, in 20 years, finding a sssqqquueeze who can still hold his arms up, that'll be the one's with after market value.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:02 pm

I hate to think this way, but he's almost one of those toys thats worth buying a "back-up" copy if you can just in case breakage does happen.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 am

I plan on displaying mine with the arms resting on the ground, to preserve the sanctity of the joints. If it ever gets here . . . .
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:13 pm

Most likely thats what I'll end up doing as well.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com