Blast-Attak

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Blast-Attak

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Okay, so he looks pretty decent on the whole, but he doesn't split apart.

Anyone else planning on customising a split-apart Blast-Attak? 'Cause I sure am!

Also, do you folks consider him an Evil Warrior, or in with the Snake Men?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Re: Blast-Attak

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm

I've always considered him part of the Snake Men. Isn't he technically an Evil Warrior though? Maybe his bio will clarify things a bit.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:42 am

Snake man! Although not snake himself, he makes sense to me there to balance the factions a little both in terms of man power and firepower.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:33 am

In the full-sized MOTU comics, Blast-Attak was summoned by from another world by Skeletor at the same time as Ninjor and Scare Glow and conscripted into the Evil Warriors. In the mini-comics, he was a Snake Man creation. Since I only had the mini-comics, I treat him as a "Snake Man," too.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:18 pm

I remember that... I'll definitely have the three of them hanging out with each other.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:22 am

Yup, I'm a mini comics guy too as my default narrative BUT if you look at the snake man methodology, it leans heavily towards infiltration and subterfuge, so it makes a great logical sense for the snake men to built a mechanical suicide bomber because both the horde and Eternian forces make heavy use of mechanoids. BA could easily slip into palace guard armor or trooper armor and hide in plain sight, detonating when he's close to a prime target and once discarded as trash, he reassembles and moves to the next name on his kill list. Kinda brilliant.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed May 27, 2015 7:51 am

Okay, got a question. How did your Blast-Attaks turn out?

I ask because:

1) The joints on the two sub Blasties I got seem a bit looser than the usual figure's joints. They're not as bad as, say, Octavia's ankles, for example, but all the joints seem kinda loose.

2) I think the person in charge of painting that day was eating lunch while at his/her station. Both my sub Blasties came with not only minor paint slop (in some cases, in colours that aren't even on Blast Attak), but also some odd smears that look like the remnants of sauce of some kind. When I wiped it off, it left a dark brown stain on the plastic.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed May 27, 2015 10:08 am

That stinks! I don't recall any issues with loose joints/swivels on mine, and I gave him the usual once-over when I took him out of the package. I did notice some minor slop though, there was sort of a paint "drip" on his chin that I was able to rub off. Otherwise there was nothing terrible.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed May 27, 2015 11:52 am

wanna hear something awful? so, my credit card got hacked, again... i'm not entirely sure it's coming from matty, but i suspect... and i'm seriously thinking of not updating the card info with matty. for starters, because i suspect digital river is the source of the last two hacks, it would prove that hypothesis, but also, after really looking at what i was spending on the remainder of the year with the subs... i can't help but feel like i want to spend the money elsewhere. elsewhere than toys entirely i mean, i just kind of feel toyed to death at the moment. i still like some of the figs i've gotten recently, and even bought that awesome new marvel select thor this past weekend, and it's AWESOME, without doubt the best thor figure, in terms of execution, that has been produced, but i feel kind of tapped on motucs. not to mention, i'm doing a purge here soon, so i've been going through the collection retrieving the figs from it who don't seem to have a place moving forward, or that i was disappointed in after purchase, and i feel like putting that income into other interests. i still needs part for snake mountain, i have picked up an odd interest in tactical gear and knives lately and have acquired some nice pieces as part of a larger scheme of ownership, i have two sisters-in-law having babies late this year and early next and i want to be able to get them some fun stuff for babying (and a couple dad gifts for my brothers-in-law, as i know they're both kind of wetting themselves at the moment)

i just have this heap of stuff that feels more important than motuc... and then you guys have flawed blast attaks, and he was one of the guys i was most looking forward to. :happy: does not inspire confidence. i don't renew yet for like 2 more weeks, but i admit, i'm a little hesitant...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Sun May 31, 2015 11:37 am

Bleh. That sucks. My card didn't get hacked but I didn't have enough money on my debit card for my Blast Attak sub to renew. Fortunately I didn't get hit with any fees, but when I called back to update my information they said I'd have to wait for them to hit my card again.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com