Saurod

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Saurod

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:02 am

They're really delivering some quality goods in 2015!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Oh, man. Just when I thought he couldn't get much cooler, they dialled his bio up to friggin' 13:

Saurod™ Bio

A Klybian Lizard Man from planet Draphos, Saurod the Terrible broke out of Prison Starr and rode a meteor shower across the solar system to Eternia. As one of three reptilian races whose DNA was spliced to create the Snake Men, Saurod is a natural enemy of King Hssss and eagerly joined with his enemies. He was recruited by Skeletor in an attempt to boost his forces against his former master Hordak. Saurod fought for Skeletor during the Second Ultimate Battleground, slaying many snake warriors including Sssqueeze and Snake Face in hand-to-hand combat. Using his laser, Saurod has also tried to steal the Cosmic Key from Gwildor to go back in time and prevent the dilution of his species.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Woah! Thats pretty kick ass! I love that his motivation is to prevent the the dilution of his species.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:56 am

I just realised . . . if he killed Sssqueeze, Saurod must've stolen the guy's weapon.

Y'know, that weapon which we discovered is more versatile and useful than The Sword of He and the Havoc Staff put together.

Get in the line to bow to Saurod, because between shrugging off flying through space, re-entry burn, and impact, AS WELL AS owning the most powerful weapon ever created, it's only a matter of time before Saurod conquers the entire universe. Better get on his good side now, to be on the safe side.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 am

he rode a meteor shower?? what the hell, is a minion of skeletor, or a member of gwar? that is almost preposterously bad ass... i like it! a friggin racist ass snake dude who can survive the vacuum of space on shear spite, and then pulls the assassination tango on snake face... mothertrucker, that's double tough!

i guess assassination cuz you certainly don't win that confrontation walking directly up to him and preaching the gospel of the other testament of jesus christ! that had to be a stealth kill... or i guess, maybe, he was like "bitch, i survived a meteor shower, your piddly transmute flesh to stone gaze is about as potent as your stench. the merging of your bastard DNA created a fragile and facile race with the potency of field mice. you may call me SHOUT for i am about to remove your strain from the fabric of reality!" ssqquueeze i suspect he just did a little barry sanders and tied the big guys arms around a tree, then slowly pressed his taloned fingers into his prey's chest and extracted his heart. he didn't eat the heart though, that would have weakened his potency and shown too much respect to his query. :twisted:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:42 am

Saurod the Terrible laughs at atmospheric re-entry. He's so tough, the atmosphere doesn't burn him, HE burns IT. He's so hard, he can walk away from a meteoric impact. The asteroid at Chixulub didn't kill the dinosaurs. Saurod did. He kicked Doomsday so hard in the personal region, Doomsday cried like a little girl with a skinned knee. Saurod pwned Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme with both arms tied behind his back. Saurod hunts Aliens AND Predators. And his laser breath smells of the finest ale.

Dude is HARDCORE.

Additional side note: I didn't take his bio to mean he was racist, so much as he was trying to save his species from near-extinction.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Saurod makes all the other evil warrior look like complete wussies!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 am

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Additional side note: I didn't take his bio to mean he was racist, so much as he was trying to save his species from near-extinction.

no, i know, i made that up... i kinda like the idea of him as a race purist. if ever you were going to justify that attitude, having some asshole and his wizard friend try to literally upgrade your race through genetic manipulation might just do it. they are kind of are spitting on him, symbolically, implying that his race isn't cool enough for their war machine, and really, with a backstory like that, i can't for the life of me figure out why not. he rode a friggin meteor storm! imagine if you're stonedar or rockon and you run head long into this walking sh!tstorm... your powers are USELESS, you're as much of a threat to this guy as a packmule. callix too, you have to be watching over your shoulder, anxiously awaiting the moment this dude literally jumps on you and makes you his bitch.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Saurod punched Hercules so hard, Iolaus turned inside-out. };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:04 am

that's super dirty.

so, got the club eternia box, opened saurod right away... the fingers are a little oddly splayed, but other than that, he's got no notable QC issues. i can't say i'm a fan of the non-existant ankle pivot (it's more like ankle wobble at this point... i don't know if you can call it a POA if it's the result of shoddy craftsmanship), OR no boot swivel, OR that the tail armor piece could really use a paint wash or two to differentiate the armor from the leather, but he's a nice figure. the arm articulation works better than i expected (no "body builder arm"), head moves freely (though it's size makes his torso segments appear slightly odd). the gun was jank out of the box, though at this point, that kind of stuff doesn't surprise me, so i had to warm and straighten till it was acceptable... nice figure.

the rest of that box though... ouch. firstly, let me just say categorically... peekablue sucks out loud. tranny hooker y'all, and that kind of thing really isn't my bag baby, don't let the ear ring fool you. starfruit figure as far as i'm concerned, missing articulation, stupid gimmick impeded by her hair, lame accessories... waste of friggin time. i'm not even sure i can redeem her face for a custom, as she's seriously peyton mannish over here. NEXT!

mara... if it weren't for the missing articulation, she'd get an A. no mannish face, the hair material doesn't jank up the articulation, the weapons are interesting to look at (i just can't imagine how the hell a new adventures person didn't get something more hi-techy than a mace-halberd) she's kind of a success. that missing artic though really hurts with her , as she seems like the "go out and kick some ass" type that i wish more of the girls in motuc would shoot for, and action characters demand action articulation.

buzz saw hordak... this is why i hate vintage purists. there's no reason i should have had to buy that figure. none. this mangosteen piece of stool should have been a con exclusive, or better yet, an accessory pack. think about it, a new chest armor, with "open" panel and attachable blades is really all you needed to convert your extant hordak, and that could have been packed in with a sh!tburger like nepthu or huntara. no need for a separate release at all, if indeed one "needed" the variant in the first place. when the sole redeeming point for your existence is a brighter color palette, no one needed you. what's worse, the new (and completely POINTLESS) bicep with horde band permanently sculpted on means he's not particularly given to customs (unless you're whipping out another horde member, which may indeed be this fart knocker's fate)

this box really hurt my heart, and cemented for me that i'm excited to be done this year. my sole source of joy will be the 200x sub-sub, and then i'm free to spend my cash elsewhere, and man, i can't WAIT! i'm excited, there's new coffee to try, new tactical pouches to acquire and fill for me and the extended family, new knives, new tomahawks, and motuc is cramping ALL of that money for me at the moment. it is stunning what else i can have in life for motuc money. i'm at the point now that the pieces i've missed that i wanted to go back and pick up, like the battle ram, like goat man, like light hope, i don't even flinch now, wouldn't spend the money is i won the lottery. for what light hope goes for, i could own a becker. do you guys have any idea how good those knives are? 1095 cro van steel is the stuff of tree nightmares, i could field dress a buick with a bk9, for about what light hope goes for on ebay. for battle ram money, i could score 5 lbs of genetically modified super caffeinated death wish coffee, and have money leftover for a souvenir mug. for nepthu money, i could score an emergency battery charger for my wife's cell phone. for goat man money, i could score a small deployment bag and stock it with roadside emergency supplies for my brother in law, as he drives a LOT for his new job now. just so much other stuff i want to get into and can't, just i'm pineapple blocked by a motuc sub... seriously, come december, when that last box shows up, i just might cry. [smile] you guys will have to let me know all the fun i'm missing out on next year, and i'll make sure to take some videos of the fun i'm having, i just won't be able to put them here, because they won't be toy related. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com