Saurod

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Saurod

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:39 am

One of my favourite figures and characters of the old line. Very much looking forward to this one. I know they won't do a sparking action, but if they throw in a translucent spark effect, that would be super.

And as long as I'm blue-skying, giving him a sparked-flint smell to the plastic would be bliss.

And whatever anyone else says, in my mind, Skeletor did not disintegrate him. He was merely transported to another dimension as punishment for a while. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Re: Saurod

Postby dayraven » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm curious how he'll come out. With enough new pieces he could be genuinely awesome. If they overly kitbash to make him he's going to suck.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:21 pm

Yeah, if they give him Trap Jaw boots, I may have to projectile vomit at the new product manager. What we've seen with Sssqueeze and the other 2015 characters, though, makes it seem promising that Saurod will have a good amount of effort put into him.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed that he gets better than a karatti kitbash [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Hopefully he'll have a good amount of new tooling. I can't really see where they can re-use much from their tool box existing molds. Possibly Flogg's torso and shoulders or Rattlor's shoulders and biceps. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Bow/NA He-Man boots either. Maybe Horde Prime hands? But yeah, if we see those Trap Jaw boots again, IDK! ;-)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:28 am

I must say, of all the SDCC reveals this year, I am most awed by Saurod. The detailing on him is amazing. His chain-mail undershirt makes him look a bit Godzilla-y, which is just another added level of cool.

Now, if he comes with a translucent breath-blast effect piece that smells like burning flint . . . .
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:19 am

Absolutely! I'm completely stunned away by how Saurod turned out. He looks absolutely fantastic This is by no means a complaint, but he looks like he comes from a different line. I can't wait to see how he looks up there next to Blade. It's almost unfair to the other reveals: Dragstor (a personal favorite of mine), Dare, Terror Claws/Flying Fists, etc, all look great but Saurod just blows 'em all away. I just hope that when he arrives at our doorstep he looks half as nice.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:23 am

Dude out-bad-asses Boba Fett, and that's WITHOUT a jetpack!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:28 am

very glad to see that he's gotten the uniqueness he deserves. i didn't pour over for new bits, but at first glance, he's clearly not a karatti palate swap. win for mattel.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:09 am

I think that apart from possibly re-using Lizard Man's tail and maybe a few joint O-rings and the hips, Saurod's all-new.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com