2015 Sub

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: 2015 Sub

Postby dayraven » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 am

dude, nothing of note? the revised king hsss was enough to sell me almost entirely on his own. that VASTLY improved snake torso... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. even spread across more than one purchase, knowing that over the course of the year, i get that KH and SAHM makes me a very happy camper indeed. ninjor was likewise awesome. and if you're an old school mini-comicer, like me, when i say "vintage" he-man is my favorite, i mean "pre-filmation" and i'm getting oolar? mf'in oolar??? color me the proverbial pig in the proverbial starfruit.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:02 pm

The Org's Q&A seen here pretty much confirms the remaining Vintage for next year, plus extras: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?254373-2015-Q-amp-A-Thread So I can and will blame maniacs who are told on every single forum that we will complete the Vintage line next year if the sub goes through. I don't know how many more times it has to be said before it sinks in. And I notice the Vintage-Only Nazis, who would be getting more Vintage characters next year than in any previous year, now seem strangely silent and absent from the boards.

Anyway, one man's mead is another man's poison. (Mmmmmm. Mead. >Gurgle<) I just about messed my trousers when I saw Lizard Man revealed! Been wanting a figure of him for 31 years! Every single figure revealed for next year so far has secondary display option or custom fodder written all over it, and there are more to come. There are He-Man and Skeletor variants and others without second display options or custom fodder potential that can be resold to casual collectors.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Mr Spock » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Umm... Like I just said, Neitlich can say we will get all the vintage figures until he's blue in the face, that doesn't mean it will happen. Have we learned nothing in the past 6 years?

Like he always says... Things change all the time. ;)
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:34 am

The Angella and Multi-Bot heads are looking pretty compelling . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 am

WE DID IT!!!

2015 is a go! This was, in all honesty, the only thing I was really looking forward to next year. I'm even looking at the new Star Wars with unbelievably uncharacteristic sang froid.

Oh, I can't express in words how much of a relief this news is, even bigger than the relief after an hour of laxobigging. };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:50 pm

really? no battle of the five armies?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 pm

I haven't seen any of the Hobbit films yet.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:33 am

dayraven wrote:really? no battle of the five armies?

I don't know what that means.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:
dayraven wrote:really? no battle of the five armies?

I don't know what that means.

" the only thing I was really looking forward to next year"

technically, it's winter of this year, but you're not looking forward to the last of the hobbit trilogy? that hurts man, what kind of englishman are you? let me guess... michael moorcock fan?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:30 am

No, mate, I had no idea what "Battle of the Five Armies" meant.

Y'see, I'm one of the few nerds who just can't get into Tolkien. I don't know why. Maybe it's all the damn walking, I dunno. They tried to make us read The Hobbit in Middle School, but I wasn't having any of that. A lot of my high school / college friends spurred me into reading The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, back when the first Peter Jackson film came out. Zipped through the first book. Zipped through the second book. Got halfway through the third book . . . and stalled. Just didn't want to keep reading it. Didn't go back to it for about a year, until the third movie was threatening to come out, then finished it up. More or less enjoyed it.

Then, I got The Hobbit. Again, got halfway through, and stalled. That was a couple of years ago. Still haven't gone back to it yet. Haven't even reached Smaug yet, and I'm crazy about dragons.

I don't know why. The series has everything I should like, but it just doesn't speak to me. Don't even have any of the DVDs. Well, I had the 2-Disc Fellowship, lent it to a friend, and never got it back. Meant to replace it, but they kept bringing out bigger and better sets with more stuff in them, and I promised myself I wouldn't buy another until they brought out the Big Massive F*#£-Off 20 Discs With Everything In It, Absolutely The Last Edition Ever, And We Really, Really, Really Mean It This Time, Honest Box Set. Still waiting on that.

Also, I don't know who Michael Moorcock is. He sounds like an anthropomorphic game bird.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com