2015 Sub

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: 2015 Sub

Postby dayraven » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 am

it's a strange thing what we motucers are asked to forgive. this is why i feel for guys like mr spock. i think he takes the vitriol too far, but it's not like i don't get the vitriol. and especially when talking to people who don't/won't site obvious flaws in figures (not talking aesthetic choices, but like real problems like starfruit joints) i have absolutely fallen prey to that myself. and thus, i know the fruitlessness of that rage, so i try to council against doing the starfruit i do. i never want to come off like i'm telling customers what to feel, but i wish i was better at imploring them not to make the mistakes i make/made. [smile]

that said, here we are... and mr spock isn't entirely wrong about the faults the line presents, and they've just never addressed some of the problems. we've gotten better with like ankles, but it's not 100%. we got a 2.0 female body that actually lost articulation, and now, the newer girls don't get the good rocker ankles either. remember when the girls had the best rocker ankles in the line? why the hell did that change? while they've said they aren't using regrind black plastic anymore, again, the price decrease this coming year makes me suspicious. i'm still willing to offer them the benefit of the doubt, because it looks like a new era since scott isn't in charge anymore, but again, it's not like i can't understand where mr spock is coming from. i just feel like, if they're actually doing something better, he's already on the train out of town, and i feel like, after rewarding the bad decisions for so long, why on earth would you leave as they're trying to become what we've asked them to? now, if ever, is the time to try to support the right decisions towards more transparency, concern for the customer's needs, wants, and budget, etc...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:01 am

No, I get the vitriol, too, and I share a good portion of it. But, as you say, he takes it too far, and when it gets personal, I get . . . displeased.

I just vent my complaints at Mattel.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:53 am

Has anyone had shipping notification for October, yet?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:51 am

You probably already got yours by the time you read this, but yeah, I got mine yesterday, Oct 16th at 3AM. They seemed to go out late this month. Whats weird is that I actually received three "Your Club Subscription Has Renewed" e-mails on the 12th. I had a moment of panic because I thought they might have charged me three times!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:36 am

Yeah, I got my shipping notification today.

I got four Sub Renewal e-mails, for some reason.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:57 pm

They arrived today! Ever since I switched to having my deliveries come to work I seem to get it a day or two earlier. I think my home post office is super slow.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Didn't get everything opened right away, but now that I do I kinda like the two pack. Skeletor is definitely my favorite of the two, but He-Man turned out nice. I hope it's not beating a dead horse, but I wish they gave him vac metal, but at the end of the day it's really not that big of a deal --- it's just that the vac metal is what made the vintage figure really "pop".

Perfuma pretty much got taken out of the box, checked the joints, and then on the shelf. Nice to have a complete POP collection!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Mail arrived apparently Monday, but I didn't get the e-mail about it from my receivables group til yesterday. I haven't opened up the figures but both look fantastic. Very excited about Dragstor!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Excellent! My figures are still in transit, but I'm expecting PD&TF soon. I must've inadvertently chosen international express shipping. Which is good, because this time around, it actually worked out as less than international postal by nearly $15.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:13 pm

That works out pretty well. Hope they get to you in good time!

I still haven't had the chance to crack open my figures. By the time I get home from work and made something to eat I was wiped out!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com