CHASE FIGURE THREAD

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: CHASE FIGURE THREAD

Postby jackstatic » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:43 am

I still float by here! I never really posted much though to be considered a loss.
I got anti-eternia he-man, he's currently at my parents house, I will probably go check him out tonight. keep the good fight going on these message boards!!!! [magic] :matty: :cool:
jackstatic
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:05 am

Thank 'e, mate!

Congrats in bagging The Evil One early on!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed May 04, 2016 3:04 pm

My Anti-Eternia He-Men both arrived today. Looks nifty, but the joints seem a little softer than I was expecting. Not all of them, and they're not floptastic, just less firm than I'd like. Slightly better than Blast-Attak quality, I guess.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu May 05, 2016 8:48 am

I'm kind of curious how he looks in person. Is his torso/arms/legs made from glossy plastic or is it flat? I can't really tell from pictures I'e seen. I'm also curious how he'll end up looking on the shelf. Being literally almost all black I wonder how much "pop" factor he has --- unless he's lit up. My display methods have certainly evolved over the years, but I have yet to cross the threshold into the world of lit shelves. I did used to have a free standing light from a photo tent that I used as sort of a spotlight. It wasn't really the most practical way to light the shelves (from the floor) but it did the job, and it added some ambient light from my room. Also, that light got really hot, so I'd have to make sure I turned it off when leaving the room lest it could start a fire!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu May 05, 2016 3:07 pm

HIs skin is more matte, with a bit of reflectivity. Kind of like he's been sweating a little, but not too hard. There is some gloss on his harness and boot-wraps, though, for a bit of difference in the textures, but he's not SHINY shiny.

The red of his harness and eyes are vibrant, the belt, bracers, and hair less so.

I woke up this morning, and without putting my glasses on, he looked like a featureless black void on the countertop. He's pretty dang dark.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu May 12, 2016 3:43 pm

I have no idea what your shelf scenario looks like prfkt, but you could ladder a length of LED rope lighting up the back of your shelf unit, drilling holes across the back of the shelf just above the horizontals, and weaving the rope light across and up as you go. It'd be way cooler and more energy efficient than standard desk lamp lighting, while remaining mostly unobtrusive.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Anyone check MattyCollector today, about 2 pm EST / 10 am PST? Anti-Eternia He-Man was up again, apparently. During the one hour I walked away from the computer to have dinner. History repeats itself.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:23 pm

I was lucky enough to catch him. I saw it on Facebook and dropped what I was doing to order. He was up for a decent amount of time. I almost ordered 2, but when I saw the sub total, I just couldn't pull the trigger, so I put one back.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Excellent! Well done! What Facebook group do you belong to to get such notifications, by the way? Just curious.

I've already got an Anti-Eternia He-Man, I was just hoping to bag an extra sometime this year so I could do a "fanfic" repaint. You know the one you see all over the internet, with the red harness, red loincloth, red boots, and dark gunmetal belt & bracers. I think that look suits him better.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:01 pm

It's a MOTUC group on Facebook. Luckily people seem to have each other's backs, I saw it later on Instagram and Twitter. Mine arrived yesterday, I have to admit, I can't remember the last time I was so excited to open a new figure! It came out really nice. Is it me though, or is the plastic kinda gummy? Not a huge issue, just didn't feel the same.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com