CHASE FIGURE THREAD

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: CHASE FIGURE THREAD

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:25 pm

They'll be Early Access for subscribers this month.

O' course, that's the first day I go back to work, and they'll be up EXACTLY at the mid-point of my work day, when I'll likely be unable to break away.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:02 am

Anyone else bag him?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Psh... logged in about 15 minutes early. At 11:00AM (Eastern) I started hitting refresh. I didn't see the "add to cart" button til 11:01-ish. I went through the checkout process and when I got to the confirm order step he was sold out and I couldn't complete my order.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Pisser! Well, I hope you manage to bag him soon (or at all), mate.

Man, am I the only person checking this site regularly anymore?
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Not sure, is DR even poking his head around here!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:26 pm

I sent him a PM and a couple of posts in actual threads, and no response.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:34 am

sorry chums, i don't in fact come here that often anymore. not that i don't love you two! [smile]

i admit, i logged in to matty yesterday looking for AEHM, and of course, no go. i didn't sub this year, so no more early access, and trust me, i checked, just to be sure they took me out of the system... they did. oh well. in a sense, i'm kind of ok with it. i'm not hunting him down either, i had an epiphany... there are three or four guys now on ebay offering not only cast versions of the oo-lar he-man head, which i've lost, but a bearded version of that same head which i find delightful SO, since i have a FFHM with zero chance of ever being played with as is, i think i'm acquiring one of those bearded heads, and whipping out the dye and trying to make my own AEHM. i like the concept, and i love the execution, i just don't want to have to shell out 35 more bucks for him.

sorry to hear you missed out prfkt. i have no idea how the chase figures work with the random pop-ups, but i seem to recall some of the others popping up on black friday. am i wrong? otherwise, i suppose ebay might be what you have to do, as i bet BBTS got some, but they'll be pricey!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:20 pm

'Sarright, mate, just got a bit worried, is all. Sent a reply to your PM, thanks! For the record, I haven't had much success dyeing figures. Have you looked into Citadel / Games Workshop paints? You'd only need three colours, I'd think.

And, yeah, AEHM will crop up during the year, and he'll most likely be available at the Black Friday weekend / end-of-year sale as well, so there'll be chances. But it's just nice to bag one of these bastards early on so you don't end up stressing about it the rest of the year. I remember the teeth-gnashing I did over Spirit of Hordak & Spirit of Grayskull!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:56 am

I'm not worried about whether or not I'll be able to get AEHM, it's just the frustration of taking the time to go to the website and process the order and then with the item *IN MY CART* having it sell out while I'm going through the checkout process. It's like going to a store, picking something up off the shelf, walking to the checkout and having someone pull it from your hands as you wait in line. Plus there's a slight satisfaction of having him before others. That said, I did *OK* with GITD Grayskull last year, I didn't get him the first time he was up, but I believe the second or third time was able to nab one.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:23 am

PrfktTear wrote:it's just the frustration of taking the time to go to the website and process the order and then with the item *IN MY CART* having it sell out while I'm going through the checkout process. It's like going to a store, picking something up off the shelf, walking to the checkout and having someone pull it from your hands as you wait in line.

Exactly!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com