The Lovely Ladies of MOTUC

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

The Lovely Ladies of MOTUC

Postby dayraven » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:53 pm

saw that castaspella thread pop back up and realized that creating a thread for every female seems like superfluous, so i figured i'd craft a catch-all thread, since not all gals are from PoP either.

i'm liking shokoti from the pics i've seen already, but i want badly to change her backstory. i want her as a consort to faker, she devoted to him as the "true chosen Gar" and fanatically supportive of him, like evil lyn, only inverse. like, shokoti will never, ever release a thousand year old giant gorilla from suspended animation, or hordak from despondos. what she will do is gleefully cleave skeletor's head from his neck to place on an orange platter for faker. faker needs some love dammit!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: The Lovely Ladies of MOTUC

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:33 pm

After seeing some swapping if was good at it think she would make a good She Faker. Looking forward to many. Ofcourse playing catch up. Casta is on my buy list, shokoti is a maybe. Her ep was fun though. Upcoming Glimmer and Scorpia are on my list.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 pm

yeah, we need a good she-faker...

on the whole, i want the gar explored more. the best, most tantalizing thing that the motuc bios have done consistently is tell this story of disadvantaged gars being the subject of racism... THAT is storytelling we can relate to, and while i don't think every villain needs to be a sympathetic one, having a background we can empathize with, and creating a race and a culture in so doing, that is good storytelling.

besides, what i would say is this... just because the nazis were evil mangosteen heads doesn't mean there weren't bad jews. keldor/skeletor can still be a completely unapologetic starfruit heel even if the gar are the downtrodden.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:27 am

so, discovered something interesting about ms shokoti... he back of her bustier, which i hate because it's completely devoid of texture, was glued together slightly unevenly. i pulled at it, to see how well it was glued and if i could redo it... it came apart with minimal effort, and i discovered that there are two rectangular tabs in her back into which the garment "slots" holding it together. it is this mechanic, and not the glue at all, that holds her top on. so once you've loosed the glue, you can tab or untab the garment in the rear, and have a "party shokoti with daddy issues!" i intend to give her a boob job, once i can score more fixit sculpt.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:59 am

Fake-Her
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:18 am

Shokoti arrived this morning, after paying her government ransom. Very pleased overall, except her hair and cape piece had some paint issues, namely they took paint off each other, leaving marks on both. We'll see what my second one looks like when she arrives. (I got two in case my soft-goods conversion fouled up so I could have a back-up, and also so I could have two Darklings.)

Unexpected nice surprise is that her hair is quite soft, and doesn't impede head movement.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 pm

i do wish the dakrling had a post in the bottom so we could re-use the tri-klops spy drone stand... small nitpick, but there it is.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mr Spock » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Considering Shokoti is lacking in the weapons and accessories department, they should have included some kind of small stand for the Darkling. I can't help but notice that more and more figures in this line are getting the "cutting costs" treatment.
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:02 am

I reckon this is a good thread to bump for the upcoming Princess of Power characters Angella, Huntara, Perfuma, and Peekablue (and Mara, if she ever shows up)!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Oh yeah! =)

2014 was a great year for POP, what with the Club Etheria subscription. I think by years end the number of POP figures nearly doubled: Glimmer, Scorpia, Double Mischief, Flutterina, Madame Razz & Broom, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Light Hope, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Spinnerella, and Loo-Kee & Kowl!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com