Fighting Foe Men (& Woman) (May)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Fighting Foe Men (and Woman)

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 am

That's cooler.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:That's cooler.

thank ee mate
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am

I realize the names the Fighting Foe Men have affectionately been given this names to pay homage to some of the fine folks in who work at the Four Horsemen Studios, but even so, I have not bothered to learn them. In my head I'm just refering to them as their totem vehicle spirits, Roton, Talon Fighter, and Attack Track.

Having tossed the bio's out the window, I am free to decide who these mysterious Fighting Foe Men are. In my cannon, they are an elite task force serving at the pleasure of the king. Which King, I do not know. Could be King Grayskull, King Randor, or King He-Man... maybe all of the above? They work in tandem with the Masters, but not exclusively and while He-Man is usually busy wiping up Skeletor's mess. As we all know Eternia is ripe with mystical properties and there are plenty agents of evil whose plans must be thwarted.

One thing I cannot decide is exactly when the Fighting Foe Men should exist. I like the idea of them being from Pre-Eternia, serving at the hand of King Grayskull, but another part of me would like them to be contemporaries to our He-Man, maybe even serving for him as king as well as King Randor. I might borrow the bit from the bio where they were magically frozen for five thousand years.

In my story the Fighting foe Men are all alien to Eternia, or at least Roton and Attack track are. I imagine Roton as sort of a Martian Manhunter type character and personality. I don't think he's Gar, even though he has blue skin. His race was on the verge of extinction due to the Horde stripping his planet of all natural resources for their evil conquest of the galaxy. Few were able to escape and those who did have been scattered across the galaxy. It's his dream to one day reunite all of his people and rebuild their world.

I think of Attack Track as an Ensign Ro or Tasha Yar kind of character. She grew up a slave to the evil space Mutants. She witnessed both her parents being killed. Talon Fighter is the Hitter, a highly skilled martial artist, weapons expert, and one man hit squad. Formerly a soldier of the United Galactic Alliance, he was dishonorably discharged for his actions, which although justified, compromised an important mission. He is clearly the brawn of the team but also highly intelligent and quite the master strategist.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:23 pm

I've been looking on them as an amoral bunch of raiders who also aren't averse to hiring themselves out to the highest bidder. They teamed up because they realised there was strength in numbers, and they could steal more and better loot as a team. The three we got figures of aren't the whole team; they've got a small army of cannon-fodder thugs as their foot-soldiers, as well as some "personalities" who haven't been shown yet. I also consider Tank Top to have been a member of the FFM (for several reasons) before he was captured and forced into gladiatorial combat.

I reckon Dittstroyer is a Gar, who has been somewhat altered by The Black Demon Crystal, an evil mystical artefact he stole from a dilapidated temple in the Vine Jungle and fused with his own breastplate in the hopes it would give him extra magical protection. Instead of physical protection, the crystal has turned him into a walking fear generator, capable of instilling dread in those around him (this is why his eyes are solid black), and how he managed to become the leader of the FFM. This new power has come at a hefty price, though, because his sleep is now constantly interrupted by terrifying nightmares. These nightmares the crystal induces in him inspired his design of the Roton, his buzzsaw pole-arm, and other terror-weapons.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:28 pm

I was thinking about letting good 'ol Spec-tor join the Fighting Foe Men!

Also, if for whatever reason you want a sleeveless/flesh armed MAA, swap out his body with Talon Fighter's!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:54 am

Man, those weapons SUCK!! Seriously, the only weapon I can put on them is the Roton Staff.
How the heck do I put the AttakTrak Blaster on Shield Maiden?
Seriously, I'm considering looking for weapons from the "extras" drawer and not use their weapons...
I have to say that the Horsemen dropped the ball on these... (as much as I hate to say it.)
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby Bigbot84 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:02 am

I hate the way the shields are. Shield clips need to go. We need either handles or plastic straps like Hasbro did with Ultimate Cap (though now they use an annoying clip on their Cap shields).

I don't know if anyone tried this, but I put a clear rubber band that comes with the MOTUC figs around the woman's shield clips. After that I slipped her hand underneath and it fits pretty snug. Instead of having a long and thin Shield it runs parallel with her arm like some kind of arm armor. I think it looks neat, but it's hard to describe.

It was a pain getting her gun weapon in her hand. I had to spread her fingers forward and have them move back into place around the handle of her gun. I may just give her Marlena's sword.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah, Roton's BFG (Big Frakkin' Gun) is disappointing. If I wanted to give him a big gun I think Optikk or Trick-Or-Treat He-Man's is better. I don't mind Talon Fighter's club though. Thats a good idea w/ the eslastic for the shields though.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah, I also flexed SMS's fingers forward, wiggled her thumb up into the recess, and slipped the gun into her hand.

The shields: I was hoping to attach handles to them, but the rubber band trick sounds easier. I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks! Having said that, future shields need proper handles, like the Millennial ones had.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:35 pm

It would be nice if the shields had BOTH handles and clips... personally, I like to pose He-Man holding his sword, shield, and battle axe, which you couldn't do it just had a handle.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com