Fighting Foe Men (& Woman) (May)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Fighting Foe Men (and Woman)

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat May 18, 2013 1:15 pm

On the other hand, DR, all this access to information, both good and bad, is probably better for the line than might appear. For starters, very few things sneak up on us. (The Spirit of Hordak fiasco notwithstanding.) We're kept informed of every stupid decision and mistake along the way. I'd rather have that then suddenly open a box in Mid-January to Early February 2014, and find that in the intervening 14 months, the Castle Grayskull I ordered had shrunk drastically without my knowledge.

All this nitpicking and the availability of information and legal palaver scared Mattel into offering Spirit of Hordak on the last Early Access, even if it was only for a mere one minute. We (the MOTU collecting community as a whole; I wasn't even aware of the issue at the time) were able to get Snake Man-At-Arms upgraded to a "tech-suit" version because we were given enough advance warning to complain. We have got some things changed, we have been able to influence the direction of the line a bit. Not as much as most of us would have liked, I'm sure, but I believe this constant connectivity has had its benefits.

In my opinion, what's damaging the line isn't knowing about all the stupid decisions and reading the rage over them, it's that stupid decisions are being made in the first place.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Mr Spock » Sat May 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Still waiting for my Fighting Foe Freaks & Karatii. It's been over a week --- I hate matty with a passion.
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun May 19, 2013 11:57 am

Could be worse. I live in England, and have to wait up to a month and a half sometimes for my stuff. AND pay a "ransom" of VAT, customs, & clearance fees on top. };D
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Mr Spock » Sun May 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes, International buyers do get the shortest end of the stick... But for shipping withn the US, the price of shipping hardly matches the shipping service. Just makes me mad that TG flat out denies they don't profit from overcharging on shipping when they clearly do. The guy truly thinks the fans are stupid. Karma can't work fast enough... It will be a moment in history when he gets whats coming to him.

Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DrRampageo » Mon May 20, 2013 12:42 pm

the quickest I have ever seen a mattel package is 11 days...usually more like 15-18 though. The shipping price vs the time it takes to get here is insane. Why can I send a package to cali on monday for 2.75 and it gets there thursday...when I'm paying $10 plus for a Mattel package to take half a month to show up?
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon May 20, 2013 10:06 pm

This set totally rules. Most fun I've had getting MOTUC figures in a long damn time.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Mr Spock » Wed May 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed May 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Neat-O! Whose head did you use for Sherrlyn?
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Bigbot84 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:58 am

That looks like Captain Glenn's head, and now I'm wishing Mattel had included a second head for the Fighting Foe Woman.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Mr Spock » Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 am

Yes, it's a repainted Captain Glenn head. :)

Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com