Fighting Foe Men (& Woman) (May)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Fighting Foe Men (& Woman) (May)

Postby dayraven » Wed May 15, 2013 10:44 am

um, am i wrog, or was that set originally solicited as $75? cuz DAMN 81 hurts... badly. that means there's ZERO added value in the multi-pack shipping option.

complete aside, but has any justification been given as to why the older figs (reissue he-man, skellie, etc...) retail for the current cost of new figs? they were made, they were sold, back when the margin for production & costing out fit them in the $20 range... so the added seven bucks now is literally a mangosteen you tax.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: Fighting Foe Men (and Woman)

Postby He-Mullet » Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 am

$75 for Subscribers, $81 ($27 x 3) for "Cherry Pickers".

Mattel Price Gouging...

Seriously, Mattel should consider making the multipacks more appealing by making them cost slightly less than $25 (or $27) times the number of figures in it.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 pm

and now they're "Almost Gone!" For reals or conspiracy?
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby Mr Spock » Wed May 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Yes, logically one would think a multi pack would be sold at a slightly discounted price. It's bad enough that they deliberately overcharge with shipping... and yes they do regardless of what TG says. Unfortunately Mattel isn't interested in sugarcoating their products with enticing prices for the sake of selling them. They rely on sheer fandom and the completist mentality to sell this line. Look what they're doing with Castle Grayskull... They reduced the size and are taking accessories away AFTER falsely advertising it, and they still raised the price from $250 to $275. They even plan to raise it up to $300 if they put it up for sale again. Talk about audacity. LOL!
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 pm

dayraven wrote:they were made, they were sold, back when the margin for production & costing out fit them in the $20 range... so the added seven bucks now is literally a mangosteen you tax.

Yeah, mangosteen you tax is about right. Especially those figures we've bought so many times we should get dividends from figures based on those molds.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 am

FFM still for sale... who could have guessed? and so is Hi Karatti... that, i think we all guessed. he looks like the worst kind of kitbash.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu May 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Apart from the blatant Trap-Jaw limbs again, I think they did a pretty good job of approximating Karatti using their buck system. They released a figure of a character I didn't care about (or even know about) back in the 1990s, and I'm actually glad he's on his way to me.

Occasionally, I DO say nice things about Mattel . . . when they give me reason to.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby BiggestDawg » Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 am

Well, still a newcomer, and very glad to be a new half year eternia subscriber, I cannot get over how quick I got shipped my May figures. The Foe Men and Karati showed up at 6pm on the 15th. I gotta say I like the Foe men way more than I expected. It is however disheartening to spend well over 100 bucks for 4 figures that mean absolutely nothing to me. I guess I am starting to see why so many of you are so embittered at the line. I am not there yet but my first month as a subscriber leaves me a little underwhelmed and a lot more broke.

Also, WTF was with that last minute switch of cs stock from Evil Lynn whom I really wanted, to Stinkor whom I care a lot less for and missed anyway despite early access?

Dawg-o-tor is kinda cool though and I like the accessories, but yes, three figures in a pack should be cheaper because it is one package not three. Ask Hasbro from 5 years ago about battle packs. Not current Hasbro though as they are even more stupid than they are greedy, and that is no small feat. (grumble, grumble, friggin' star wars, grumble transformers, grumble G.I.Joe.)
BiggestDawg
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat May 18, 2013 3:35 am

You said it, Dawg. Evil Lyn was dropped because she was apparently "Sold Out." Whether this means they mistakenly thought they had some, and found they didn't, or they're lying and saving her for another month, I dunno. At this point, I wouldn't put much past them.

Also, despite all the stuff that'd been on show at SDCC and ToyFair, Hasbro hasn't had any good new Star Wars come out in a while, now. All the good Joe stuff seems to be subscription (at least, I think the subscription ones are mostly good, and the only ones worth having). And TransFormers keep getting smaller, but rising in price. I could put one or the other down to increasing costs of raw materials, but both is kind of hard to swallow. At least they're not making the MOTUC figures progressively smaller with each wave or year.

And look on the bright side, Dawg: Mantenna's on the way. Four fully-articulated legs, swappable eyeballs, and the original Horde big-shot roster is complete.

Still, I ordered an additional FFM set for customisation purposes, and look forward to getting them. I know a certain terra-cotta coloured Snake Man turncoat who needs a Horde breastplate . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sat May 18, 2013 9:08 am

BiggestDawg wrote:Well, still a newcomer, and very glad to be a new half year eternia subscriber, I cannot get over how quick I got shipped my May figures. The Foe Men and Karati showed up at 6pm on the 15th. I gotta say I like the Foe men way more than I expected. It is however disheartening to spend well over 100 bucks for 4 figures that mean absolutely nothing to me. I guess I am starting to see why so many of you are so embittered at the line. I am not there yet but my first month as a subscriber leaves me a little underwhelmed and a lot more broke.

Also, WTF was with that last minute switch of cs stock from Evil Lynn whom I really wanted, to Stinkor whom I care a lot less for and missed anyway despite early access?

Dawg-o-tor is kinda cool though and I like the accessories, but yes, three figures in a pack should be cheaper because it is one package not three. Ask Hasbro from 5 years ago about battle packs. Not current Hasbro though as they are even more stupid than they are greedy, and that is no small feat. (grumble, grumble, friggin' star wars, grumble transformers, grumble G.I.Joe.)

honestly, you know what kills MOTUC more than any other single factor? access. we have access to all the online rumblings, the slips of the tongue, the obvious double-crosses and dishonesty, and the nearly soul-crushing scrutiny of our fellow collectors, a fair contingent of whom seem content to lambast or dress down every single decision made for the line, even if they lobbied for it earlier in the process (wonder if these folks ever considered running for congress?)

if you didn't know the times that toy guru has lied to us, if you didn't know when a figure slipped it's production schedule, if you didn't know what the proto had looked like before it slodged through production, if you didn't know that other people hated a fig regardless of how much you like it... and of course, if you didn't buy other toys to know what costs what... MOTUC could be a great line to collect. the toys are, generally speaking, well made, and some are exceptionally cool and well executed... even the duds aren't awful, they just don't feel like their worth the money.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com