Fighting Foe Men (& Woman) (May)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Fighting Foe Men (and Woman)

Postby dayraven » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Yeah, I also flexed SMS's fingers forward, wiggled her thumb up into the recess, and slipped the gun into her hand.

The shields: I was hoping to attach handles to them, but the rubber band trick sounds easier. I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks! Having said that, future shields need proper handles, like the Millennial ones had.

yeah, i really had to work to get her hand in there, and it all could have been solved if one of the pods of the cannon came off the grip. then just do a D shaped port on the grip so when the cannon's plugged back in, it doesn't free spin, and VOILA! problem solved.

and i don't even design toys.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:35 am

dayraven wrote:
Beedo Sookcool wrote:Yeah, I also flexed SMS's fingers forward, wiggled her thumb up into the recess, and slipped the gun into her hand.

The shields: I was hoping to attach handles to them, but the rubber band trick sounds easier. I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks! Having said that, future shields need proper handles, like the Millennial ones had.

yeah, i really had to work to get her hand in there, and it all could have been solved if one of the pods of the cannon came off the grip. then just do a D shaped port on the grip so when the cannon's plugged back in, it doesn't free spin, and VOILA! problem solved.

and i don't even design toys.

The problem with the Removable pod:

-It poses a safety hazard. Little children would choke on the pod, so Mattel most likely glued both ends. Cause MOTUC is an "Adult collector" item when it's convenient to Mattel.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm

it's certainly marketed and priced like an adult collector... i think once the only acceptable medium of purchase is credit card or paypal, we're all openly acknowledging that we're not putting the item in our mouths anymore. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm

I wish they had done it... I KNOW the four (now 3) Horsemen have done it before, but Mattel and their "stringent" Security Measures most likely would not allow it.

Her gun kinda reminds me a bit of Bravestarr.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Re: Fighting Foe Men (& Woman) (May)

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:10 am

So, as more coverage trickles out, anyone else getting interested in Point Dread & the Talon Fighter? I'm definitely going to order one, maybe two if the budget permits. But the second one might have to wait until the following year, assuming it lasts as long as the other vehicles.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:15 pm

More than likely I will be ordering Point Dread. Possibly going to wait until next year or see if I can get it as a gift.

I think Dread and the Talon Fighter alone are fairly iconic enough. I only just recently added the vintage counterparts to my collection and I love the contrast between the bleak green stone and the bright colors of the fighter. Most likely not displaying it on Grayskull though, it just looks weird.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:41 pm

yeah, she's not for me. y'all enjoy them. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com