Grayskull.Info: Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Grayskull.Info: Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Enh, I really can't afford another 6" line, mate. Especially as trying to get one's hands on a Boba Fett practically requires horrific acts of debasement (or at least ridiculous outlays of cash). I just can't be bothered with all that scalper crap any more.

Was actually thinking of getting a Leia to customise into that female Twigget, but decided against it. A coupla Greedoes and a few Amanamen (if they ever get made) should suit me.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:19 pm

I have mixed emotions in reporting that I have zero regrets canceling my CG order.

I say mixed because I would've loved nothing more than to get an amazing, 4H-created Grayskull.

But I gotta say, even absent all the BS that was pulled by Scott and Co, I'm just not feeling the product we got. So far none of the pics I've seen have made me jealous whatsoever.

Glad for everyone who's satisfied with it, but for me it just feels like the bare minimum, ultra "good enough" version of a MOTUC CG.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:20 pm

P.S. I finally dipped a toe in SWB with X-Wing Luke, Han, and R2. They are rad. I'm gonna try to keep it below the 15-20 fig mark if I can on the series as a whole, so I kinda hope they go nuts with silly variants or crappy Prequel stuff so I won't be tempted. :lol:
Lay Ze-Man

Postby Mr Spock » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:26 am

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I have mixed emotions in reporting that I have zero regrets canceling my CG order.

I say mixed because I would've loved nothing more than to get an amazing, 4H-created Grayskull.

But I gotta say, even absent all the BS that was pulled by Scott and Co, I'm just not feeling the product we got. So far none of the pics I've seen have made me jealous whatsoever.

Glad for everyone who's satisfied with it, but for me it just feels like the bare minimum, ultra "good enough" version of a MOTUC CG.

It's a pretty nice looking play set... but totally not worth $250 or as it is right now $300 and change. The only downfall is the floor levels are flimsy. It wouldn't take much to break certain parts of this item. Displayed closed showing the amazing 4H sculpt is the best way to forget about the price gouging.
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:08 am

and the kicker is, they aren't sold out yet on matty collector... it's been more than 3 day,s so we know that the next press release we get from scott will indicate that fans have "failed to support" the castle, and that we've shown that we're not interested in large scale playsets, so snake mountain is off the table. it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the perceived value of the piece, or the price tag during a gift-giving season... nope. it has nothing to do with floors so shallow you can only stand one figure wide on them, or ledges where guy have to be blue tacked onto the castle wall to keep them attached, nor floors that don't accommodate taller characters like tallstar or extendar (or tytus or megator either), nor the stupid orb holder than doesn't hold the orb stand they already built, nor the dungeon you can barely see a guy inside, nor the backdoor that's no narrow you can barely pass a figure in sideways (and forget it for any of the guy wearing the puffier soft armor or a man at arms with his gear on his back, nor the lack of articulated armor guy, nope, none of that has anything to do with it. :evil:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:32 pm

you guys are a bunch of debbie downers.

i love it. no regrets.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:58 pm

I just want a "do over".

I want the 4H to take whatever time they need to make the be all end all ADULT COLLECTOR playset.

With guarantees from Mattel that nothing would be changed or dropped, no compromises.

No bait and switch blueprints, no handwringing thermometers, no round the clock rush jobs on something that simply DEMANDS painstaking labor-of-love crafting.

Call me in a movie year? :lol:
Lay Ze-Man

Postby Mr Spock » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am

The Power and Honor Foundation made a really cool reproduction of the "castle moat". Check it out.

http://powerandhonor.org/the-castle-moa ... ars-later/
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 pm

That Mark Taylor art is gorgeous, but there's no way I'm paying that much for what amounts to an un-cut piece of paper. I know it's technically a "donation" to the foundation, minus whatever cut Taylor gets, if he's even getting any for the commission, but still --- I wouldn't mind donating ten dollars for a PDF or a vector file I could take down to a local print shop with a wide format printer to churn one out. I also have a guy who does vinyl banners that it would look nice printed out on.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:56 pm

well, you could image capture the jpg he offers there...

cuz yeah, there's no reason for as much as motucastle costs, that this could not have been printed on a light textile cloth and added as a pack in. i know, another debbie downer comment about wanting my money's worth. [smile] but this right here is precisely the kind of free thinking, and "holy crap, these guys thought of everything!" moment that i wanted from the updated castle, and didn't get. hence my passing and developing my own castle (a project that ran into some life and budget snags, but hopefully this coming spring/summer... keeping my fingers crossed)
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com