Grayskull.Info: Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Grayskull.Info: Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Postby Bigbot84 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:09 am

Shipping notification as well, but still no charge.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:44 am

Mr Spock wrote:Got my shipping notification... Should arrive on Wednesday.

Same! Got my shipping notice last night. Oddly enough though, even though the notice that my card has now been charged, I just checked the available balance on my debit card and the money that they took from my account has re-appeared.I'll check again later today --- I'm not sure how the pre-authorization works w/ debit, if that meant they took the money out, released it, and then will take the money again or not.

I'm happy to see it's shipping via FedEx. I got a fancy tracking number and everything! Looking forward to next Weds!

On a side note I'm concerned, just a smidgen about the shipping address: I decided to have the package shipped to me at work. I was not comfortable having it shipped to my house and having it sit outside all day until I got home, not to mention someone might see a package and decide to help themselves to it. Having it shipped to me at work gaurantees that someone will be there to receive it and it's inside, protected from the elements.

People at work do this all the time, it's a 800+ person company, but all you have to do is put your name "JACK LEMON" and "C/O ROCK INDUSTRIES" --- easy enough, right? Well, when I made my initial call to DR to update my CC information and update the shipping address (when I pre-ordered I didn't have the foresight to have it sent to me @ work) I expressly told the woman I spoke with that I needed the ship to address to read "JACK LEMON C/O ROCK INDUSTRIES" --- so guess what the ship-to is missing on my invoice!? My company name. I'm assuming it will just be delivered, but still kind of irritating. Also I guess it's better that my name is actually on the package and not omitting it --- I don't have to send an e-mail to the lady who handles the shipping & receiving explaining that I am expecting a "really big package".

Secondly though, and what concerns me a little more is that there is an error on the street name. My company is located on Freeport Ave, Freeport being one word. However, on the shipping address they have it listed as two: FREE PORT AVE. Luckily there is no "Free Port Ave" in my city, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

At least the zip code is correct! I fully admit this was my error, once, I was having something shipped to me at work and I accidentally put the wrong zip code in the address, so instead of 02801 I put 02780. The city was listed correctly however, it took an extra few days to get re-directed, but it did finally get delivered.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Mr Spock » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm just relived that it is no longer in the hands of Digital River. I suppose being in the hands of FedEx isn't that much better, but... I'm not concerned about bent corners or dents on the box. My only dilemma is trying to decide if I should try and get another one on sale day. I really want two, one to display just the front and another to showcase the interior. It's a lot of money to be throwing down just for an optimal display scenario. I know it will bother me only being able to display one or the other.

I think a lot of people wanting a mint box are going to be disappointed. FedEx delivery drivers are ruthless with packages, especially ones that are huge and take up floor space in their trucks.
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 am

First, let me just start this off by saying I already had a decent paragraph typed up but then my browser went back a page and all was lost! Moving on...

I agree... just to finally get it out of DR's "hands" is such a relief. All I care is that a box left their distribution center with my name on it and it will be here on Wednesday...

Thanks for reminding me how awful delivery guys are with packages. I've seen 'em dropped, kicked, thrown, etc. Not very reassuring, is it? This is one reason why I hesitate to buy electronics online. Amazon had killer prices on tablets Black Fri/Cyber Mon, but I just couldn't pull the trigger.

I read a Tweet that the guy from Topless Robot who is not Rob got his box and it had water damage! Not even sure how that could happen, but I can only imagine. The majority of us are not buying this for a damn box, but still --- we don't want to get one thats been all dinged up. I had the Stay Puft MM box semi-on display for a while after I bought it from Poe Ghostal. It actually had somewhat of a functional purpose because it gave me some add'l shelf space. The only reason I put it away is that it was sitting atop of the air conditioner unit and it was time to put it in.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Mr Spock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:04 am

Wow, water damage. That sucks. I'd hate to be a MIB/MOC collector. Rainy/snowy days can ruin things for sure. About electronics items... depending on what you buy will determine the risk factor with delivery drivers. I certainly wouldn't purchase a large and/or heavy electronics item. The bigger it is, the more likely it will be left on the floor of the truck and kicked/stepped on. Especially during the holiday season when trucks are literally packed to the point of not being able move around inside.

Sure would have been nice if Mattel put the word "Fragile" on their "custom" "special ordered" boxes. ha ha.

Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:08 pm

It's Castle Grayskullmas Eve! Tomorrow is the big day, providing FedEx is on schedule and there are no unforseen complications w/ the shipping address!

I'm glad I had this shipped to me at work since the weather has been so miserable lately. It's been spitting snow & rain for the last couple days. I don't even want to think about what condition the boxes would be in if it were to sit outside all this time.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Mr Spock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Same here... Mine should be here tomorrow. I guess I'll be running to the front window every time I hear a vehicle drive up my street... like a happy dog. LOL!

Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tekwych » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Mr Spock wrote:like a happy dog. LOL!

Pavlov?
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:46 am

Wa-hey! Shipping notification for both Grayskulls! Shame Digital River won't let you change shipping addresses. Because now I have to spend $94 to have one of the things DHLed over to England, pay customs, VAT, and other government ransoms on it, then pay to ship it BACK to the States, to the webmaster of the page I write for, so it can be used in a prize draw next year.

WHAT FUN.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:32 am

Ugh... at that point you might just look into buying another castle on DOS.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com