Grayskull.Info: Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Castle Grayskull Thread

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 am

It's a short window for sure. Hopefully they understand how many more people will be onboard once it's a "done deal" and will take that into account.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby DrRampageo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

It was there for sure before..TG said at the Matty panel at NYCC (I was there) that if they didnt get it by Nov 10th they wouldn't be able to meet production deadlines. I hope we can make it in a month
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am

Honestly, CG should have been a 2014 item in order for Mattel to have something a bit more concrete and a longer window for preordering... the Poopstorm that formed yesterday with Internationals is enough to scare some people. I WILL NOT Pre-Order if I don't have concrete proof that I can still buy products from Mattel (That Frosta & Rattlor & WP better hurry then)
I want this to succeed, but seems more like a half-baked plan. Not to mention the whole Hoverboard mess...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Huh, weird. I checked around a few boards, and it seems I wasn't the only one who didn't see the November 10th deadline on the preorder page on the 15th. I wasn't able to look at the page on the 16th because we were running around getting my father into the hospital to have his carotids reamed out. Also, it's no good telling a tiny crowd of people in New York about the deadline if they don't bother to notify the rest of the world on the actual ordering page. Again, that's if I haven't got the wrong end of the stick and I'm just ranting like a lunatic for no good reason. Which, knowing myself the way I do, is entirely probable.

Typical Mattel demipygous organisation, though. If they knew, or even suspected, about the November deadline for this project, it would've made more sense to make the reveal at SDCC and get the pre-order page up at the beginning of August. Loads more time, easier to meet the quota. Because I highly doubt this is something that was just cooked up between the end of July and the beginning of October; something this big must've been kicked around for a while. More and more, I get the feeling some berk at Mattel wants this line dead and is trying to sabotage it from within. Worst comes to worst, I'll order one or two more to boost numbers if it'll help meet the target. If it all goes through, I know I can find homes for the spare(s). If not, no skin off my nose and no money out of my bank account. I'll just be crushingly disappointed, is all.

How often do they update the thermometer, anyway? And does anyone know what the targt actually is? Little point in putting up a graph with no freakin' numbers. Even a failed scientist like me knows that!

On the positive side, at least the international shipping has dropped! Having read cries of outrage about $200 shipping costs, I was relieved when my order showed the shipping for mine would come in at under $100.

So, who else here has ordered one (or more) . . . ?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 am

You could very well be right..It may have been missing form the page day one. I pre ordered mine right away and didnt really look at it too hard.

When I was at NYCC I had a little face to face with TG and part of our conversation went like this:
me: "great job at the panel yesterday, Grayskull looks awesome!"
Tg: "thanks..are you going to buy ten of them?"
me: "...I'm going to buy one"
Tg:"well every little bit helps I guess"
me: "uh yeah well have a good day"
seriously this is exactly how it went down

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby Bigbot84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Wow, what an awful exchange from Neitlich.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:42 pm

yup it sure was ..though I did get some intel about getting DK into Ask mattel so it wasnt all a loss

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 pm

DrRampageo wrote:You could very well be right..It may have been missing form the page day one. I pre ordered mine right away and didnt really look at it too hard.

When I was at NYCC I had a little face to face with TG and part of our conversation went like this:
me: "great job at the panel yesterday, Grayskull looks awesome!"
Tg: "thanks..are you going to buy ten of them?"
me: "...I'm going to buy one"
Tg:"well every little bit helps I guess"
me: "uh yeah well have a good day"
seriously this is exactly how it went down

somehow, if you had outlined the sceanrio for me, i could have guessed it would go this way. what a friggin tool that dude is.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Because I highly doubt this is something that was just cooked up between the end of July and the beginning of October; something this big must've been kicked around for a while.

I'd say that this has got to have been going around internally at Mattel for at least six months. I'm sure its always been a "reach goal" to develop the line to get to this point, or at the very least a pipe dream, but at some point they must have got to a point where they said it could be a reality.

As long as they say for certain that they will not take away from anything revealed I think that will inspire confidence in a lot of consumers.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 pm

DrRampageo wrote:yup it sure was ..though I did get some intel about getting DK into Ask mattel so it wasnt all a loss

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're going to buy ten Castle Grayskulls, you say... yes." [sweat]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com