Grayskull.Info: Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Grayskull.Info: Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Looking forward to seeing the eventual reveal, D.R.!

As for that moat thingy: it looks too cartoonish for my tastes. Might've gone for it when I was 10, but not when I'm within spitting distance of 40.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Mr Spock » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:44 pm

I ended up buying a moat print for the vintage castle, since it looks MORE appropriate with it... rather than the new castle. Bought it on the 19th and still waiting for it... for the money they should have sent it priority, but whatever. For me, part of the fun will be mounting it on a piece of poster board, and cutting it out. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like under my castle with my complete Waves 1-2 figures, vehicles, etc. standing around it. :)
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby hadley » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:38 pm

As beauty is in the eye of the beholder, worth is in the bank account of the beholder. I think it's worth every red cent this thing cost, and every headache it caused. It's simply magnificent.

I'm used to having to resort to third parties to flesh things out, so the manhole cover and dungeon grate are right up my alley. The cover is in place, the grate is in the mail. The only true "mistakes" I see is are 1) the color/texture of the interior (It needs a matte finish) and 2) The exposed screw holes on the elevator stalks.
hadley

Postby Mr Spock » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:13 pm

... and the floors are extremely flimsy. They shouldn't be flexing from the slightest pressure of my finger pushing down on them.
Rule #1: Don't believe anything Scott Nietlich says... ever.

Rule #2: First learn rule #1
Mr Spock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:21 am

Yeah, I'll second the flimsy floor thing, Spock. While mine are not as bad as some people have said they are, they could still be sturdier.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Mr Spock wrote:... and the floors are extremely flimsy. They shouldn't be flexing from the slightest pressure of my finger pushing down on them.

Surely you're mistaken. You're talking about a $300 item from a "high end adult collector line".
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com