He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Postby dayraven » Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 pm

oh, dude, i'm there, my favorite heads of the line so far are fisto and he-ro, the two single piece heads for the line, and in large part that's because the heads don't look like they're wearing a hair helmet... i was just saying that, if they insisted on two part heads, having one consistent design mechanic would have been preferable.

and yes, the irony of the "the horsemen aren't engineers" and the scarabus faces is not lost on me. their in-house lines make he-man look like a tinker toy.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:06 am

I dunno if I'm unusual in that I'd be happy to have a fair few He-Man variants come down the pike, but the ones I'd be happy with are:

Flying Fists He-Man
Laser Power He-Man
Space (New Adventures) He-Man
Slimed He-Man (from the old Slime Pit mini-comic, done in translucent green like Mucus Tick)
Ice Armour He-Man
Snake Armour He-Man
Horde Trooper Disguise He-Man (from "The Secret of the Sword")*
SDCC Exlcusive Vac-Metal Gold He-Man (from the Filmation episode "The Shaping Staff")

* Of course, with Horde Trooper Disguise He-Man, if they threw an extra He-Man head in with a Horde Trooper 2-pack, that could work as well.

As for any other Millennial variants, such as Mega-Punch, Rambo (Jungle), Spin Blade, et cetera, no thank you. I might not mind the Legacy Armour (Samurai) or Battle Armour ("Of Machines and Men") versions, but those would have to be the absolute limit.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Tochiro » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 pm

How about the most obvious?

Dolph He-Man. A 'movie masters' version from the '80s movie.

Say, there's the entry to do everybody from the live movie. Movie Masters MOTU.
Tochiro
Ensign
Ensign

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm

No likeness rights for him or the Frank Langella Skeletor. :cry:

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Space (New Adventures) He-Man
Slimed He-Man (from the old Slime Pit mini-comic, done in translucent green like Mucus Tick)
Ice Armour He-Man
Snake Armour He-Man

I'd want these and I really, really want to see the 4H's Horde Armor He-Man.

I do think we'll either get a He-head with the Horde Trooper 2pk or that will have at least been thought of on the final figure.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Tochiro » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:29 pm

"No Likeness Rights" only means that nobody has really looked into seeing what it would cost, if anything.

OTOH there may be complications with Warner Bros.

I guess what we're agreeing on without actually stating it is "there's plenty of easy reasons to say no" going on here, huh? :)
Tochiro
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Well, I would've gone for the 1988 live-action movie stuff, actually, but I'd been hearing about likeness rights problems for ages. That's the only reason I didn't suggest such a variant myself.

And what's thie Horde Armour He-Man people are mentioning? I take it that doesn't mean He-Man in Horde Trooper Disguise from The Secret of the Sword. Can somebody provide a linke, please?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Well, I would've gone for the 1988 live-action movie stuff, actually, but I'd been hearing about likeness rights problems for ages. That's the only reason I didn't suggest such a variant myself.

And what's thie Horde Armour He-Man people are mentioning? I take it that doesn't mean He-Man in Horde Trooper Disguise from The Secret of the Sword. Can somebody provide a linke, please?

i don't know that there are any good scans, but at last year's matty panel, the horsemen showed off the intended design for horde armor he-man from season 3 of the MYP cartoon... and yes, it was anti-horde armor, similar to how snake armor he-man was designed to battle the snake men. by all accts, it was completely fresh. if anyone has a good photo of it, it's either emiliano & the power and honor group, or lay ze-man, who despite "not being an encyclopedia of motu" is a friggin motu encyclopedia.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 pm

dayraven wrote:lay ze-man, who despite "not being an encyclopedia of motu" is a friggin motu encyclopedia.

More like Encyclopædia Dramatica of MOTU! ;-)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:08 am

Bumped for the sake of Oo-Larr, Flying Fists, Snake Armour, and possibly Laser Power!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:30 am

Got the February shipment a couple of days ago, and I quite like Snake Armour He-Man. Will probably swap out his Anime head for a Classics head, though. And then I think I'll use the SA He-Man from my second sub to cobble together a SA King Grayskull.

Reports of Oo-Larr arriving are coming in, and they sound pretty promising. I've got another month or so to wait, though, I'm guessing. But I've already got plans for all the different He-Man alternatives!

I'll leave one Oo-Larr as is. I'll take one Oo-Larr head and pop it onto a He-Man body. One Original He-Man head will get a brunette repaint and get popped onto Wun-Dar. And the other Original He-Man head will go onto a He-Man body, and get a backstory . . . .

KA-LINSK
The Ruthless He-Man

For a couple of decades before Oo-Larr took up the mantle of He-Man, Ka-Linsk of Tundaria held the title. Whilst on the whole a devoted protector of Eternia and the Sword of He, Ka-Linsk was also noted as a ruthless warrior. Not content just to defeat the forces evil, he sought to annihilate them. When a challenge presented itself, Ka-Linsk moved into the area and systematically eradicated all foes without restraint, mercy, or regret. Conquering his way across the globe, he brought an unprecedented amount of awe and fear to the name “He-Man.” His actions pushed many evil-doers underground, biding their time until Ka-Linsk was finally brought down by The Crimson Scourge. Ka-Linsk slaughters evil-doers as The Ruthless He-Man!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com