He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 am

Looking forward to TP He-Man. I had him and always loved the sword & sheild. I didn't have BA He-Man (though did have BA Skelly) so having these two together will be sweet. Also, I agree that the head looks like the best we've gotten yet. Just like I think the BA Skeletor head is great.

My hope is for a Dragon Blaster Skeletor!

Ice Armor He-Man would be sweet as well.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu May 03, 2012 10:59 pm

i would love to see the concept "horde armor he-man" too
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Shadow_Contact » Fri May 04, 2012 1:46 am

Horde Armour He-Man would be neat, If they did do that though I would like an extra King Grayskull head packed in.
Shadow_Contact
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby dayraven » Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 am

Shadow_Contact wrote:Horde Armour He-Man would be neat, If they did do that though I would like an extra King Grayskull head packed in.

i'd like that w/ snake armor he-man too.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri May 04, 2012 9:59 am

That's a brilliant suggestion to include the extra KG head on those!

Someone put that in a Matty Q&A so they start the ancient logistics gears turning now! [smile]
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby PrfktTear » Fri May 04, 2012 4:35 pm

meeeh... idk. i'd rather a regular he-man head with a new face sculpted, maybe a battle cry! KG head on Snake Armor might be neat tho.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sat May 05, 2012 10:04 am

PrfktTear wrote:meeeh... idk. i'd rather a regular he-man head with a new face sculpted, maybe a battle cry! KG head on Snake Armor might be neat tho.

you know, in even asking about new tooling, scott's going to kick your front door in, dressed as tank guy vykron, and wipe his sweaty nuts on all of your pillow cases, and then make you take a nap, right? that's how they punish people at mattel.

noisy asked for new tooling once, now he's hideously acid burned and chemically neutered. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat May 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, they should be KGs (for the added height) and the include a bonus He-Man head.

And yes, considering the amount of times we've rebought the same parts again and again, it shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to give us a new He-ad with a new He-xpression.
Lay Ze-Man

Postby dayraven » Sat May 05, 2012 5:42 pm

the bogus thing is, we are, in vykron, FINALLY seeing them wise up... since the hair has been, for the most part, a separate piece since day one, if they had DESIGNED and ENGINEERED the hair/hat pieces to be swappable too, we'd have a literal crapton of customization options available now, and they could cast new pieces w/out going too crazy... like they could cast new faces pieces that we could swap any hair into, like take a snarling he-face and put the longer grayskull hair on it, or swap out she-ra's long locks for the teela bun, or create a new hero w/ the syklone face and a man at arms helmet and pop that on the stratos body. that way, we could have had a king grayskull w/ the randor hair/crown, or done a trooper helmeted he-man or or any of literally dozens of other combinations.

but i guess mattel doesn't get paid to do design or engineering work, huh? they leave that to the horsemen... just think, if some design work had been differently at the beginning, it really wouldn't have cost any more, and they'd have saved adhesive money for those two-part heads.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Well that, and it would've saved people like me the trouble of prying the damn things off when they misglued 'em looking all goofy and trucker hat-ish. [sweat]

But yeah, would've been a neat thing from the get-go (sort of on par with the cool customability of the Scarabus faces) but at this point I think I'd prefer to have an excellent single piece He-Man head sculpt, kind of splitting the difference between the current one and the Vykron one, which as many have pointed out shares certain better similarities to the original vintage He-Man, which for my money is still the superior He-Man head sculpt.

I think the current MOTUC head is cool and all, but aside from "blending" too much Filmation/cartoonish look for my tastes, it just leaves too much room for factory error between the paint on the eyes and eyebrows, the painted vs. cast skintone, and hair piece that gets bad mold lines and can be misglued.
Lay Ze-Man

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com