He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:56 pm

there's always room for one more banger in the mouth.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Okay, I getcha, DR. I know what you mean, now. I've felt like that, too. I look at all the Star Wars and TransFormers stuff I've accumulated over the years, especially the stuff that then gets "replaced" by even better-looking and better-articulated versions down the road, and I just tot up how much I could've saved if I'd held off until this one latest really excellent version came out . . . and I feel a little sick.

That said, I'm also winding down my collecting. I'm only really keeping up the MOTU with any enthusiasm, because I don't think they'll ever surpass MOTUC and its successors. Ever.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Even if they do, would you have stamina to do it all agsin? I sure don't. If a motuc upgrade line gets offered now, it's someone else's collection. I'm all out of buy.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:34 am

If they continue in the MOTUC / MOTUCC vein, I'll continue as well. If they restart in a different size with same characters, forget it. I'd get maybe one or two of my favourites, and that'd be it. As for different styles, we'll see.

With the Filmation 2.0, I'll get those, because I don't honestly see the line lasting that long. There aren't that many radically different-looking characters, and after a while, they start to look like goofy versions of what we already have. Spikor in particular.

Mer-Man? Multi-Bot? Mantenna? Tung Lashor? Leech? Shadow Weaver? Count Marzo? Purple Shadow Beast? All for 'em. A Mekanek which is a less-detailed version of the much cooler version I've already got? No, thanks.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:38 am

Stamina is a good word. I'm in the same boat... I don't have the stamina to collect another MOTU line. When they introduced the MOTU minis, I thought they were cute but honestly I didn't have any mangosteen to give. Same for this ReActionSuper7 line. I think the only way I start collecting a new line is if it's Imaginext. Anything else, I'll pick up a few, i.e. He-Man, Skeletor, Trap Jaw and whatever I happen to fancy, but otherwise I'm done for the forseeable future.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:33 pm

yeah, remember how i've said a few times that i'd like to see a play arts kai style motu line? yeah, i did, that was a genuine expression at the time... three years ago. i don't even have the will for it anymore, even if i could liquidate my entire motuc collection for double what it cost me, and thus could afford the PAK line... i just don't have the will anymore. i'm much happier telling my little stories and playing with my little motucs. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 pm

My collecting stamina ran low in early 2014. Dropping nearly everything except MOTU and a very few choice pieces has helped reinvigorate my enthusiasm and wallet. Plus, the 2016 MOTUCC choices helped a lot! Seven never-before-mades, a fans' choice runner-up, and a robot horse. Boo, and if I may say so, yah. And I might even be so bold as to venture a ka-sha.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 am

I think I'm excited for the Night Stalker more than anything else shown... and the prospect of getting Stridor!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Definitely! Every time I see a mould that can be reused to replicate another Vintage toy or variant, I squee a little bit inside.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:14 pm

With Talon Fighter/Point Dread slated for later this year, Night Stalker in next year's club, and Snake Mountain in the pipeline for 2016... I wonder what other vehicles might be possible. It would be great to get a Roton next year!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com