He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Thought I'd give He-Man a combined home.

I'm looking forward to Thunder Punch, but I'm not sure why. I never had it as a kid and he still has the same damn head! (among other cool stuff at least)
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: He-Man Variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc)

Postby Shadow_Contact » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:57 am

Wake me when New Adventures or Snake Armor He-man is announced.
Shadow_Contact
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby DVD » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 am

I missed out on BA He-Man and still don't have him as I'm waiting for Mattel to re-issue him. I had all the He-variants as a kid and can't wait to get TP He-Man. He'll look really cool on the shelf alongside the other Masters figures. I'll probably pick up any and all He-variants they throw our way, but what I'd really like to see are some *new* ones. I know they kinda did that with not only King Grayskull, but Preternia He-Man. But I'm talking about something along the lines of "Grayskull Armor He-Man"(not even sure what this would look like) and just let the Horsemen go nuts with the design. Some of the 200x variants were very cool, like Snake Armor and Ice Armor. Would love to see those get updated in Classics.
DVD

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:56 am

I've been so obsessive about how many different ways Mattel has figured out to incorrectly paint and assemble that He-Head, but it looks like on TP they got it better than ever.

So yeah, even though I have little interest in that figure as a variant that I thought was a bit lame even as a kid, I still might try and track one down eventually . . . :blush:

That said, I'm expecting some kind of He-Man themed SDCC exclusive (maybe a "deluxe" Castle Grayskull packaged He-Man a la the old KG exclusive, with added articulation or other stuff to "plus him up" LOL) so that TP interest may be quickly quashed.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:That said, I'm expecting some kind of He-Man themed SDCC exclusive (maybe a "deluxe" Castle Grayskull packaged He-Man a la the old KG exclusive, with added articulation or other stuff to "plus him up" LOL) so that TP interest may be quickly quashed.

just curious... why is that? i don't recall seeing any teases about he-man being the SDCC exclusive this year.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Just my guess, nothing more. Given it's the 30th anniversary, I can't imagine any alternate SDCC exclusive that would better celebrate the milestone. But considering how oddly Mattel has opted to celebrate it so far, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the SDCC set was a Weapons Pack.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Shadow_Contact » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:04 am

Oh come on, everyone knows the SDCC exclusive is going to be a 2 figures set. It's a repainted Lt. Spector and Mighty Spector in a special talking box. When you push the button Heman says "I am He-man but this is Spector the mightiest man ever, let none question his genius".
Shadow_Contact
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Bigbot84 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 pm

I'd like to see the Ice Armor variant from the Millennium toy line. I always liked that variant.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby chopa » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 pm

I loved my thunder punch he-man as a kid. Don't really wanna upgrade my current He-man though.
chopa
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Shadow_Contact » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 am

Bigbot84 wrote:I'd like to see the Ice Armor variant from the Millennium toy line. I always liked that variant.

That was a great variant. They have the 200x Fisto loincloth so they are part way there.
Shadow_Contact
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com