30th Anniversary Thread (Castle Grayskull Man- Nov, Pg 12)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Toyguru's Character: The Mighty Spector discussion

Postby He-Mullet » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 am

He's got a LOT of Custom Potential... If they Reissue MAA once more for Spector date, then He'd be perfect to make a Dark MAA (as Jack Olesker was planning to do for New Adventures of He-Man S.2)
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Oh I'm sure that the customizers are going to have a feld day with Spector!
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:21 am

I guess his great customization potential shows how generic he really looks.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:54 am

for certain!
I laugh every time I see that mose in fear shirt avatar
...Get in the coffin!! :silnt:

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:39 pm

He-Mullet wrote:He's got a LOT of Custom Potential... If they Reissue MAA once more for Spector date, then He'd be perfect to make a Dark MAA (as Jack Olesker was planning to do for New Adventures of He-Man S.2)

see? it's not like i make this crap up. i might be a normal, but from time to time, i can empathize enough w/ them to see what they see. the fig is just asking to be taken apart and used for other things. and what's more, if it turns out that his one accessory piece is indeed the same as the flame whip intended for draego, folks will buy for that too.

and yeah, totally mose, he is a generic design... all i was saying is, i suspect because of that, he'll sell faster than some folks think. but it won't be because they love spector, it'll be because they want those parts for more inventive ideas. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby DrRampageo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 am

[quote="dayraven] i suspect because of that, he'll sell faster than some folks think. but it won't be because they love spector, it'll be because they want those parts for more inventive ideas. [smile][/quote]

no one has ever said anything more true in the history of the world

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Re: Power-Con! general discussion

Postby dayraven » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 pm

so, since draego apparently got his own thread, i figured i'd drudge this up to discuss his bio.

Draego-Man:
During the Great Wars, the Dragons of Darksmoke fought in many epic battles against King Greyskull and the Snake Men. A magical half human/half dragon creation of the Great Black Wizard, Draego Man was shunned by Granamyr and allied himself instead with the Free People of Eternia. After the Truce of the Three Towers, Draego-Man became so disgusted with the humans that he isolated himself from all civilization, living as an outcast in the Caverns of Rakash. After several millennia of bitter retreat, Draego-Man discovered Skeletor’s plans to enslave his dragon kin and use them as weapons against the Royal Palace. He returned from hiding to join Skeletor’s Evil Warriors seeking revenge against all who betrayed him. Draego-Man uses his flame breath and ability to manipulate fire to battle for the side of evil!

so... a couple things occur to me reading this... firstly, is there a "mundane half human/half dragon" that i should know about?

second... am i alone in having a hard time following this? so, he's a creation of the great black wizard, that sounds evil. he was shunned by granamyr, who fought humans, and he allied w/ the Free People of Eternia, so doesn't that make him a good guy? so then, they conduct a truce, and he's embittered because why? was that so inherantly evil that he got kind of blood drunk and wanted to continue fighting? so rather than continue fighting by himself, he goes into isolation, pretty much like the full dragons did, but this in no way made him more sympathetic towards the dragons, or vice versa? there's no "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" on eternia? and come on, if he's that powerful, none of the other power players on eternia tried to recruit this guy? and why are the snakes and dragons fighting again, since thematically, the symbolism of the two overlap pretty extensively (and thus, the characters w/ employing those symbols are kind of analogous?) and using basic archetypes is pretty much motuc's part and parcel? so then, jump WAY into the current timeline, and we're discussing skeletor using the dragons, even though in the extensively referenced MYP mythos, skeletor never tried to control the dragons, just drive them off so his serpenitaur's could attack the RP... and still, given his noted preference for serpenitaurs, no one thinks draego man might have some issues w/ that? i swear that cartoon ep has already been referenced in the bios, so this kind of flies in the face of that, no? and the truce equals betrayal, right? he's feels betrayed by the war stopping? whatev... this is weird.

thirdly, if he's renounced his draconian name, isn't his "real name" now draego man? in fact, isn't that his only name, if he's renounced the only other one he had? or is he "draego man" aka chad? for real, does anyone writing these bios understand the english language?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah the bio is a big mix bag of fan fic badness....I mean seriously does no one read these things for coherency after he writes them? Or do they just shove on the back of the cards after his first and probably only draft? I'm so glad I don't give a rat's ass about his or any of there bios....
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:52 pm

dayraven wrote:so, since draego apparently got his own thread, i figured i'd drudge this up to discuss his bio.

Draego-Man:
During the Great Wars, the Dragons of Darksmoke fought in many epic battles against King Greyskull and the Snake Men. A magical half human/half dragon creation of the Great Black Wizard, Draego Man was shunned by Granamyr and allied himself instead with the Free People of Eternia. After the Truce of the Three Towers, Draego-Man became so disgusted with the humans that he isolated himself from all civilization, living as an outcast in the Caverns of Rakash. After several millennia of bitter retreat, Draego-Man discovered Skeletor’s plans to enslave his dragon kin and use them as weapons against the Royal Palace. He returned from hiding to join Skeletor’s Evil Warriors seeking revenge against all who betrayed him. Draego-Man uses his flame breath and ability to manipulate fire to battle for the side of evil!

so... a couple things occur to me reading this... firstly, is there a "mundane half human/half dragon" that i should know about?

second... am i alone in having a hard time following this? so, he's a creation of the great black wizard, that sounds evil. he was shunned by granamyr, who fought humans, and he allied w/ the Free People of Eternia, so doesn't that make him a good guy? so then, they conduct a truce, and he's embittered because why? was that so inherantly evil that he got kind of blood drunk and wanted to continue fighting? so rather than continue fighting by himself, he goes into isolation, pretty much like the full dragons did, but this in no way made him more sympathetic towards the dragons, or vice versa? there's no "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" on eternia? and come on, if he's that powerful, none of the other power players on eternia tried to recruit this guy? and why are the snakes and dragons fighting again, since thematically, the symbolism of the two overlap pretty extensively (and thus, the characters w/ employing those symbols are kind of analogous?) and using basic archetypes is pretty much motuc's part and parcel? so then, jump WAY into the current timeline, and we're discussing skeletor using the dragons, even though in the extensively referenced MYP mythos, skeletor never tried to control the dragons, just drive them off so his serpenitaur's could attack the RP... and still, given his noted preference for serpenitaurs, no one thinks draego man might have some issues w/ that? i swear that cartoon ep has already been referenced in the bios, so this kind of flies in the face of that, no? and the truce equals betrayal, right? he's feels betrayed by the war stopping? whatev... this is weird.

thirdly, if he's renounced his draconian name, isn't his "real name" now draego man? in fact, isn't that his only name, if he's renounced the only other one he had? or is he "draego man" aka chad? for real, does anyone writing these bios understand the english language?

Are you saying that the bio writing team is not doing proper research!? *GASP!*
On Dreago-Man: He's a mega-douchebag! No one likes him after hanging around with him for a while!

On a more positive note: At least he's not the second born magical clone of Granamyr whose brother was eaten by King Hssss after he was banished by his father only to be trapped somehow and released in the modern era by Evil Lyn... Am I forgetting something?
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am

No one likes him after hanging around him for a while.............

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com