MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Fair enough, mate. To be honest, I was thinking of offloading most of my Club Grayskull figures, as well. They've got some nifty accessories, but I'm just not as into them as I thought I might be. I'll likely keep Evilseed, Trap-Jaw, the Trollan 2-Pack, and Clawful, maybe Tung-Lashor. I dunno. I'll have to see how I feel when I reunite with my collection, which is five time zones away at the moment.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:37 pm

I could probably part with most of them. I kinda like having the complete "Diamond Ray" evil hench men. But, like, do I really need someone like Chopper? Especially when MOTUC Jitsu is so GOOD?!

I'm separated from most of my collection. It's still all boxed up from my move last year. I haven't seen most of my MOTUC figures for over a year. I don't even know when I'll be able to pull everything out and have a proper display again. I guess that is weighing on me too.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Yeah, that's a pisser, mate. I can sympathise completely.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:29 pm

Okay, at this point, I'm just going to use this thread to make notes of ideas for recipes that occur to me while I'm waiting to get back to my collection and figure out how to make my other custom pictures show up again.

In the meantime, is there a free photo hosting site anyone can recommend?

HYDREAD
Evil Multi-Headed Snake Men Warrior

(As seen in the gory "Preternia Battle" concept art)
- Custom Nine-Headed King Hssss torso / Serpentine King Hssss torso (dyed green?)
- King Hssss hip assembly (trunks painted brown, belt painted dark brown)
- Brown "fur" & leather?
- DB Skeletor / Dark TC Skeletor / Twistoid legs
- Rotar boots
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Huzzah! The image links are back!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:40 pm

More custom ideas for when I get back to my collection (cross fingers):

MADAM RAZZ
Magical Witch of Whispering Woods

Use head from spare Razz with damaged joints. Cut off pinwheel, drill hole in it, and in tip of hat. Reattach with a pin, so that it will actually spin. Whittle off plastic hair and replace with white "fur." Cut off plastic cape and replace with two-tone fabric one (pale blue inner, black outer). Paint boot cuffs black and add gloss 'Ardcoat.

SPINERELLA
Dizzying Defender

Cut off plastic ribbons. Cut slits into vambraces. Paint silver parts (tiara, scrunchie, vambraces, belt) with Molotow Liquid Chrome and let dry for a week, at least. Replace plastic ribbons with real ribbons, cut to fit (pale blue inner, lavender outer). Slide ribbons into slits on vambraces, and superglue in place.

SHE-RA
Galactic Defender

Cut off plastic cape and replace with two-tone fabric one (royal blue inner, white Spandex outer)
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:29 pm

CHIEF CARNIVUS
Heroic Feline Warrior

Needs a purple sash and red fabric cape. Make jeweled brooch/clasp for cape at his neck?
Possibly needs red fabric drapery at belt for increased movement.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 pm

And now I have the urge to make a "Wrong Hordak." Will need white Spandex and slime green paints, for starters . . . .
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 am

Note to self: Harnesses for Man-E-Weapons
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com