MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:01 pm

On a scale of 1 -to- 5, I would say it's about a 2 or 3.

I'm sure the lack of tail articulation would have been pretty obvious to me once I opened the figure and started fiddling with it. I always check the joints first to make sure everything's working okay. I probably wouldn't have noticed the loss of ab crunch though. Whereas with King Hssss or Roboto's reversed I doubt I ever would have noticed.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby mkultra » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

mkultra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Wow... that is just so completely badass!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:15 am

Slick Titano, MKU!

The Lizard Man tail articulation (or lack thereof) isn't annoying enough to make me want to send them all back, but it is annoying. Can't really ride anything, posing is limited a bit. Like the missing ab-crunch: not a deal-breaker (not even taken together), but irritating enough.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:32 am

i would guess, if i had to, that the ankle rockers would be more bothersome than the ab crunch or the tail, and those are very necessary to get him into deeper, "skittering" type poses... i'm kind of considering selling him off, rather than opening him at all. i know i constantly argue that figures you don't like can be modded, but in his case, it seems like the platform leaves a lot to be desired.

i do like your eye fix though beedo. that's snazzy.

and mku, as usual, you know it out of the park. man i wish mattel could/would have made some kind of move to acquire the fuerza characters and add them to the mythos... we already know that eternia and etheria are but members of a big ass universe, why the hell can't fuerza be a planet somewhere between primus and denebria? or you do some psycho subternia/hollow earth story where the fuerza crew live inside eternia, completely unaware of the outside world save for their worship of the living god, procrustus? that could be mangosteen awesome! if we got offered a fuerza subscription this year, as opposed to the expected MYP sub, i'd be beyond jazzed, and would likely sub-up.

oh, and if we get an MYP sub this year, if the final figure of the year isn't king grayskull on the kilowog/doomsday buck, there's just no way they're getting my business. they are giving me a two pack of the two characters who's looks were most distinct on the show, selling me a whole sub for a ceratus and a veena is just not happening, and those are the only other two i give two starfruit about. there's just no way they're new-bucking the characters who would need it to make the MYP sub proper.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Do we know for fact that Veena is not happening?

I never even thought of getting a King Grayskull sharing a BAF buck. Personally I don't really feel the need, but if they do --- awesome! I bet Evilseed will be included w/ the sub.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:02 am

Sorry, if i was unclear prfkt... veena might very well be in the rumored 200x sub, she's very much on the table, what i was saying was, for me personally, she and ceratus are not enough to move that sub. I would only consider buying in if i knew some characters were getting new bucks (or at least, new to motuc) so like if they sold me a giant scaled king grayskull, as he would be built on that monster buck, that would definitely trigger my investment. I have nothing against veena at all and hope we get her, alongside her appropriately scaled husband. Yes, I know that would mean he'd be out of scale with battle lion, but we already have four versions of him in appropriate scale for the damned lion.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm not sold on Club 200x yet. The only "must-have" is Evil Seed. I can do without the 200x heads pak. I do like Calix and Ceratus, but neither are enough to make me sub in. With so much else on the table in 2015, I may pass on this club to ease the financial burden and collect them on the secondary market, even if I have to pay aftermarket prices.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:38 pm

I like calix moreso than evil seed, but like you, I'm nonplussed. The heads pack does nothing to titillate me either. I suspect those will be pretty easy to get on the secondary market and even if not there are fair approximations from several 3rd partiers. Thry aid they'd unveil the rest of the names when the sun goes live next week but so far, they just aren't seducing me.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:13 pm

The only 200x head that I think would actually replace the vintage inspired head is Clawful.

This is my stance on 200x. I collect MOTUC primarily because of '80s nostalgia. I love that we have 200x characters like Marzo, Carnivus, and Dactus and I really like when they've included 200x elements like alternate heads for Whiplash or Rattlor's armor --- even though I don't use them. I have always felt that it added value to the figures, basically getting a bigger bang for my buck, even though those accessories end up in the spare parts bin.

I tend to like concept figures like Vikor, Demo-Man, Eldor, He-Ro, etc. more than the 200x figures. Not that I necessarily think that they're better figures, I guess it's because they're rooted deep in the MOTU lore. I'm not saying I don't like the aforementioned 200x character (or the upcoming ones) because if anything they serve to expand upon that lore, so thats actually a plus.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com