MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:43 pm

FILMATION FAKER 2.0

Filmation-style He-Man, with slightly thicker eyebrows and about three layers of AD&D Mist Glow White over his eyes. The irises / pupils still show through the milky paint, yet glow eerily green in the dark! The weird discolouration on his left wristband is due to me cutting off some mould-flash. I will soon repaint the wristbands to match and clean up his eyebrows a bit better.

". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 pm

oh, i like it! more please! what can you do with that new articulation that you can't with the older scheme? show me, show me!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 am

Okay, mate, I'll post them when I get home from work.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:14 am

FILMATION SKELETOR
(Tweaked)

Man, who is doing quality control on these things? Got two Skeletors from my subs. Both had brown smudges on them. One had an off-center skull, the other had sloppy paint on the skull. I took the least-smudged body cleaned it up, swapped on the sloppy skull, and repainted the head. Unfortunately, the yellow I had was a shade or two too dark, but total coverage helped mask that. I also added some black to the inside of the hood to give the skull a "floating" look, and added a repainted MOTUC Havoc Staff, because I don't like the Filmation version.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:35 am

nice work sir. i can see that the face is a little darker, but not enough to ruin the effect. i totally agree with you on the havok staff too, the one they gave him seems oddly proportioned, even considering the altered filmation design. the staff isn't too heavy on those wrist swivels, is it? one of the curses of the wrist swivel is, from my experience, it can often create a weak point if the figure is packing a heavy accessory.

not sure what you mean by "off center skull" though. like the neck hole isn't bored into the center of the head, or the cowl is deformed around the head?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:32 pm

My friend and I got our sub. Luckily both were good. The quality on this one feels a little lower than say, He-Man or Trap Jaw. It feels like he's missing paint.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Thank 'e!

Yeah, you can see the original yellow in his teeth. It's not terrible, but it is noticeable. With the wrists, I only really posed it like that for the photo. I usually pose staff-bearers in "boring" poses with the staff vertical and resting on the ground if I can, to minimise finger and joint strain. As for the other head being off-center, if you look at the head in question straight on, it sits slightly to the left in the hood, like he's constantly in the process of turning left.

And when it comes to "lacking paint," Prfkt, I know what you mean. He seems . . . unfinished. Like they left out an application. Part of that I blame on the lack of black in the hood. I think the other part of it is the washes they did use on him don't stand out very well, especially in digital photos.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:06 am

Well, my attempts to turn Darius' clean shield into NA Battle Punch He-Man's chopped and pock-marked shield turned out very badly indeed. Interesting how one can mess up messing something up.

Good thing I've got a spare.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Just picked up a "clearanced" ($25) Endo-Glow Terminator from NECA at a Toys R Us in Ohio whilst on holiday, ostensibly to hack it up for Battle-Damaged Faker customising. Then I saw how amazingly the joints and pistons were engineered and executed. So I planned on getting another, just to have one untouched. Then I saw how fragile the glow-in-the-dark bits were when the joints started crumbling. Bugger that. I wish they'd re-release the T-800 Endoskeleton. Meantime, I've got me some ideas on how to funk up Faker.

I've also carved up Despara's cape and Evilseed's robe in preparation for some soft goods, and I have to figure out how to do something for Crita's shawl thingy. But things are moving along, if slowly.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:58 pm

I've got a growing pile of MOTUC loot, haven't opened anything since Darius! Gotta have an opening sesh soon!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com