MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTU Classics Customs and Corrections

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:09 pm

Did some looking on Shapeways, and boy, there's lots of good stuff! Weapons, heads, all sorts. I don't see the articulated Fisto and Jitsu hands that used to be on there, though. Someone's finally gone and made Filmation Multi-Bot body parts, so if they don't get around to him officially, I have a chance at making one. But again, I think I'll wait until teh lien is offishully kill'd. I hate doing a custom, only to find that an official product comes out a year or two later.

Now, if only someone would make the triangular weapons rack from Castle Grayskull . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:27 am

Bought some Molotow Liquid Chrome paint-pens to try out. Looking pretty spiffy on Trypticon, so I think I'll try 'em on Flying Fists He-Man. Don't know when I'll get around to it, but I look forward to trying it out!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Sweet! Definitely post some pics of your results!!!

I've never used one of those before. But I have used a silver sharpie to to make some quick touches to figures before, like Nick TMNT Super Shredder's blades, Triceraton's boots, and the tip of Napoleon Bonafrog's spear. It worked out fairly well, at least well enough to satisfy me.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:27 am

Okay, pics posted up in the TransFormers thread, mate. Enjoy!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:09 pm

I've done a little tweaking to Mekaneck and Ram Man, trimming down some chrome foil sticker material for their goggles and wristbands, respectively, to better match their "Vintage" look.

MEKANECK

Just two small triangles, cut to fit.

RAM MAN

This one I did by cutting a parenthesis pattern that would fit half-way around the inside of the groove in his wristbands, then tried to modify it for the slightly uneven sculpting variances. I then laid them in, starting at the "seam." Not a perfect fit, but a decent proof-of-concept, I think.

Next up, I think I'll try the Molotow Liquid Chrome on some Multi-Bot torsos, but that's at least a couple of days away. Stay tuned . . . .
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com