MOTUC General News

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTUC General News

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Well, full sub or pre-order, whatever guarantees me getting the figures I want, mate.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:25 am

Anyone need a Despara? I've got one to spare. Thought I'd give the folks here first refusal.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:42 am

I'm good thanks. I haven't even opened mine yet!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Still haven't either!

Anyone else super excited to get Beastman? TBH, I was more excited for He-Man, Skeletor, and Trap Jaw... but once I saw the images up on Matty Collector all of a sudden I wanted the figure in my hands right then and there!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:49 am

Looking forward to him, sure, but I'm even more excited for Evilseed. Gonna soft-goods that barsinister.

Yeah, sure. Still haven't gotten around to Prince Adam and Scare Glow's soft goods, let alone the dozens of others that're waiting for fabric clothing. This may take a few years . . . .
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:13 am

i'm good, thanks though. i just got some postal boxes so i can start crating up the portion of the collection i'm dumping. don't worry, as i get motuc sorted through, they'll be offered here first! [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:57 am

dayraven wrote:don't worry, as i get motuc sorted through, they'll be offered here first! [smile]

My body is ready...

I've been purging fairly steadily since May. I had two goals --- sell enough to pay for my SDCC exclusive wishlist and put money towards a trip I took last week. I'm happy to say I was pretty successful and honestly, honestly it feels great to be rid of so much stuff that was just clutter!

Of course, as they say two steps forward one step back... when you've got cash in your PayPal account all of a sudden things that you might not normally bid on seem affordable. eBay is a dangerous thing. I didn't go overboard, and I don't necessarily regret any of the purchases, but looking back, one or two things I should not have bought.

I had a simple rule: if I bought it on impulse and/or I haven't looked at it/touched it/displayed it in 1+ years then it needs to go. I haven't sold any of my TMNT or MOTUC, and I haven't dipped into my Transformers... yet.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:00 pm

just a quiz question for a couple of fellow geeks... could you ever trust a vampire? like, let's take a scenario where for some reason, you're a human being, totally normal, and you live in a world where vampires are real critters, and are generally accepted... would you ever entirely trust one, knowing that they feed on us? even if they had a blood substitute, or they had a feeding ritual or something that provided for their day to day sustenance? like a true blood type scenario?

or, what if we take a more genre specific scenario, and let's say we roll the world into a fantasy type setting, like motu. even if the vampire has an outlet, some alchemical concoction or a source of "bad guys" from which to feed, would you fight alongside one? would you trust them near your kids? would you even feel ok sleeping around one? why or why not?

color me curious because i have this vision of a mercenary company in my figureverse that has a retinue of vampire characters within it, and while they're useful allies, there are two factions within the company that are divided on whether or not the aid they provide is worth the risk, and i want to envision kind of what an argument to the commanding officer would look like between the sides.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:57 am

I would say it depends on the vampire. Assuming you're not going the "Buffy" route, where they're all irreconcilably evil unless given their souls back, I'd posit that vampires vary as much as humans do, and there may be a few you could trust.

Anywho, I don't trust many HUMANS, so maybe I'm not the person to take cues from. };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:48 pm

no, that's fair. i'm largely suspicious of people as well, which is why i ask questions like this. i don't always trust my own first instincts, especially as it comes to writing, because i know where my tendencies lie in the real world, but that can't always be my go-to perspective for a protagonist.

you're right, it stands to reason that if they maintain some semblance of humanity, enough to have a personality, than they ought to vary in those personalities like real people too. some you could trust, some you know are sharks just waiting to smell blood.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com