MOTUC General News

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTUC General News

Postby dayraven » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:33 pm

merry christmas gents! hope it's a good one!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:09 am

Two more packages, and done with Matty for good. Feel ambiguous about that. Mostly relief, though.

That, and I managed to survive a pneumonia / pericarditis double infection over New Year's, so I'm feeling pretty good about the future! };D
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:58 am

:cool:

i ordered two weapons from shapeways in anticipation of the super7 figures here in a few months, the anti eternia rune sword, and 200x katana both from evil mike. stoked about those getting here and getting them painted. i ended up not pulling the trigger on any on sale matty product, too many other things to do. toywise, i've got the predator clan leader and darkseid/grail two pack waiting in my bbts pile of loot for the arrival of the marvel select destroyer armor, and those are likely all i'm buying this year aside from the mythic legions 20 kickstarter that goes up supposedly this month. no more toys on the horizon for me, and a sell off coming later this year. it'll be nice to lighten that load. i was trying to get that done before the holiday season picked up, but life diverted my energies about 6 ways from sunday this year.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:31 am

We're *DONE* with Matty, so no more monthly asshole tax. I didn't pre-order any of the Super7 figures, but I may try for He-Man and Skeletor, and possibly that Faker. I'm on the fence about the new MP Megatron, he looks gorgeous. I'm just deciding how badly I need/want him. Otherwise I don't have any toys in my sights and I'm FINE with that.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:36 pm

I don't like the new MP Megatron. He's just so flat and cartoony. If he were shinier, and released a couple of years ago, I might've pulled the trigger, but it's too little, too late. I have MP-05, and that's that. I really dislike that the Masterpiece line, meant to be the absolute pinnacle of TransFormers, has taken a turn to LESS-detailed, cartoony looks. Once Dirge is in the bank, I think that's pretty much it for me. Even Inferno, one of only two TransFormers I ever had as a kid, didn't do anything for me in Masterpiece form. And even with the Seekers, the Coneheads are something of a letdown so far. They don't fit together as well as the standard Seekers, and a lot of compromises were made along the way, leading to a product that shouldn't cost as much as it does.

The only other things I have plans for is any Super 7 MOTUC-style stuff, Titans Return Overlord, and Trypticon.

Once those are in the bag, I may turn to Shapeways and ReproLabels, but that's down to what my Beloved says, now.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:49 pm

I agree about the MP line. It definitely seemed to take a turn at some point if you compare the early figures compared to now. I think the figures are for the most part overpriced. Even for the cars, like the TRU Bumblebee, I just couldn't make myself pay $65 for such a little toy.

I have MP-05, which has actually been boxed up and in storage for at least two or three years at this point. Maybe that is enough for now at least. I might not necessarily need a counterpart to my TRU MP10.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:13 am

THERE'S A DONALD TRUMP TRANSFORMER?!!! };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 am

LOL!!!!!!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:46 am

So, Ego-Power Staplor has just posted a teaser for upcoming PowerCon exclusives. >Sigh.<

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=6225
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 am

I've heard several theories. Some of the "Concept" figures that never saw the light of day. Should be interesting.

As long as they're not going to make Stridor a Power Con exclusive, I'd rather have a shot getting that direct from Super7 rather than having to go through Val Staples & Co.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com