MOTUC General News

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTUC General News

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:29 pm

PrfktTear wrote:I've heard several theories. Some of the "Concept" figures that never saw the light of day. Should be interesting.

As long as they're not going to make Stridor a Power Con exclusive, I'd rather have a shot getting that direct from Super7 rather than having to go through Val Staples & Co.

I've heard similar theories. Also "Blue Vest" Adam and Mini-Comics Trap Jaw. I dunno. He's saying there's no huge beast this time around. If it's the "Strobo Wave," I'll see what they look like when they come out. The designs looked shoddy on the "card art." The 4H are pretty good at taking a lame notion and making it much cooler, so we'll see. I still disapprove of Convention Exclusives, though.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed May 24, 2017 2:44 am

Anyone else picked up that World Compendium & Character Guide yet? I'm just slightly more than half-way through it.

Man, there are lots of errors in that so far. Mostly pictures put under the wrong entries, but I've noticed spelling mistakes, omitted words, and one section within an entry that's repeated.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Haven't picked it up yet. Thats disappointing. fire there copy editer?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:22 am

Finished reading it a couple of days ago. Got to be a bit of a chore towards the end, if only because by the time you get 3/4 of the way through, you've read almost everything four or five times already in other entries.

Perfect? No. Bloody good? Yup.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Can I just say that I love we're getting all this MOTU material?! It's an archivist's dream. The property is so much more than just the toys and the shows.

I still haven't got the character guide, but I'm hoping to get it with cash from the birthday I've got coming up!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:00 am

Definitely, mate. Starting with the Dark Horse "Art" book, there've been loads and loads of things in these volumes I'd never heard of, or even imagined before. There's so much to pick-and-choose and get ideas from. It' a good time to be a MOTU fan.

We'll see how the movie turns out, though . . . . };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:30 pm

My friend finally gave me my birthday present today (my b-day was like 2 weeks ago!) and it was the Darkhorse Episode Guide! Can't wait to crack it open!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:39 am

It's a bloody good tome, that! You'll enjoy it! I sure did! Loads of nifty trivia in it.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com